Yotricks Civility

I’m curious if anyone out there has a Yotricks Civility. I have used alot of thier videos to help me learn and also have a Canon which is a pretty solid throw. Obviously you see the Civility alot watching thier videos. I’m curious how well it performs or what it’s comparable to. I have to admit I am definetely interested in it, it looks very nice.

5 Likes

I once had a Civility v.1, and it was a pretty generic kind of yoyo. There was nothing in its performance that really stood out, but nothing was really bad either.

The v.2 Civility, however, look like it would be much better. They shaved off some weight, gave it a wider catch zone and some bumps out from the response. It also comes standard with a ceramic bearing. Oh and it still has the hex nut centre which I really like.

It’s one of the few metal yoyos I’m actually interested in getting.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing myself. I have never owned any of them. But the final version overall seemed very respectable. I like the hex nut look as well. And having a ceramic bearing is a very nice addition. I may not be good enough to fully apreciate the bearing, but it’s still nice knowing it’s there. The price tag has kept me from pulling the trigger on it in the past. I would be interested if anyone had one they might be selling.

2 Likes

They have some in stock at the official store, why not buy one there? You specifically want used?

2 Likes

They do, and I’ve put it in my cart multiple times and never checked out. I don’t have a really good reason why. I have certainly paid more for a yoyo. This one just doesn’t call to me hard enough to pull the trigger. And at the same time, I am really interested and want to try it. So I figure the best way to meet in the middle is b/s/t a used one. I figure if I like it enough, I might buy one brand new.

3 Likes

I get that. There are some yoyos I’m interested in trying but for some reason am not interested the 20-30% more it would cost to buy new. Even if that cost increase in $10 or something.

I know it doesn’t make sense, but I supposed we all get weird stuff in our heads sometimes about buying. “I AM NOT PAYING A PENNY MORE THAN $XX FOR ________”

3 Likes

Very true. And if someone is sitting on a yoyo they don’t use or care for the BST route lets them at least get something out of it.

2 Likes