Yoshicuda X any good?

Does it play light?

I’m interested in heavier bi metals but I really like the design of this yoyo

1 Like

Ummmm It doesn’t play too light or too heavy really. Kinda like a medium? It’s small but has a lot of power. It’s a super good Yoyo and really fun and performs well like lots of power still. You should get one! One of my favorite yo-yos for sure!

3 Likes

Is the 54mm diameter noticeable when playing?

1 Like

Would you say it’s a good tech yo-yo considering it’s smaller size?

1 Like

Umm I can tell it’s a little undersized in the diameter measure. But that’s in a good way. I’m sure it’s a good Yoyo for tech but I think about it like a very well rounded Yoyo like it’s good at everything

Does being undersized make tricks harder to land or no difference?

1 Like

This is a good question and I would say no in relation to the undersized diameter. It affects chopsticks and the way it spins more than anything. Width is the spec that affects how easy it is to land tricks way more imo. Like more width makes it easier to hit the gap of the Yoyo, the downside to extra width is that it can get in the way when doing dense string formations sometimes and you have to play better or cleaner so that you don’t hit extra strings accidentally.

2 Likes

So bummed I missed out on getting one on yoyo day for cheap.

1 Like

Ok. So I have a question on this. I’ve had a want for. Yoshicuda for quite a while. I got a used one off the BST that had vibe. I was hoping to tune the vibe out and I’ve gotten rid of a lot. It’ll play fairly vibe free now but it’s still there. But this thing just rips!!! Now I want one with no vibe. I notice that most on BST describe vibe. My question is this. Were they prone to vibe? If I get a new one is there a high probability it’ll vibe out of the box or can the Yoshi be dead smooth?

On my yoshicudas vibe is not a problem. I don’t think it is YoyoFriends shortcut smooth but really good.

1 Like

I had one since June. No vibe.

1 Like

I bought mine like 2 years ago on yoyo day for 35 doll hairs and it is still super smooth. Even after a few bounces off the floor. I’m also not super picky about vibe so it might not as smooth as I think but I’ve never noticed a problem.

2 Likes

That all sounds promising. I have a regular Barracuda and it has vibe too but you don’t notice it in play. The Yoshi I got will pulse. I got rid of quite a bit, but it’s still there. If you get it fairly smooth on your throw it’s not bad, but if you’re off a bit the resulting vibe is very crazy. On the Barracuda I never even knew it was there until I did the nail test. :rofl: So I now feel pretty good then about getting a new one. Thanks for the replies.

1 Like

Not disappointed in the least. When I got my first and second bi-Metal…this is what I was hoping for. Funny thing is, this is the one I wanted the whole time. Go figure!!:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I love my yoshicuda! I think it’s my favorite bimetal.

What were your first two?

2 Likes

Actually my first that I forgot earlier was a Mini Star 2, the Knot Creators Typo, then Haymaker OG. All of these are like fine sports cars but the Yoshicuda is like a hot rod motorcycle. It’s just nimble and quick by comparison to my other bi-metals. I honestly feel like the Yoshi feels very similar to the Top Deck in play. Not so much the hand feel as the way it plays. But the hand feel is nice. I can feel differences between the two but I can’t put them into words. I know they feel really close. Anyways, I’m super glad I bought a new one. Now I’m thinking of buying one more…what is wrong with me?? :woozy_face:

5 Likes

I own two yohshicuda’s. Really awesome yo-yo with plenty of speed and power for its size. I changed my pads to clear. I also switched out the bearing to YYF center track and this thing is dailed in.

3 Likes

Whats the blue throw?

That’s the Outlier mini. It is also very good.

1 Like

I’m late to the party, but personally I would not recommend.

I had one briefly, but it felt heavy in all the wrong ways (and I’ve had heavier throws that I’ve loved). Vibe was also a bit of an issue. This article goes in depth about this throw, including some of the QC issues which is why I think it wasn’t hyped much by Duncan. Your mileage may be better if you get one from a better batch.

1 Like