Is the yoshicuda x a good undersized option?

I like the look of the yoshicuda x, its a nice comfortable undersize throw that appeals to me. id like to know your thoughts or possibly better alternatives to the yoshicuda x

2 Likes

It’s a great throw. One of my favorites. I would say that is only slightly undersized. It doesn’t feel that small IMO.

5 Likes

I agree. I don’t know about alternatives but I think the Yoshicuda is one of those Goldilocks throws.

3 Likes

There’s quite a bit on the forum about it. Here’s good thread.

2 Likes

If you want a mono metal. I picked up a OD Sugar glider and I love it. It’s wider than the Yoshicuda but still at the 44mm diameter and plays great.

1 Like

I was looking at the Sugar glider! it does look cool. I’ve always wanted something from one drop aswell. which would you say is better ?

Oh that is tough. Both are great and I play both often. I think if I had to choose only one I’d go with the Sugar glider. I have 2 lol.

I picked up my Yoshicuda at a discount during the duncan yoyoday sale. I hope they do it again since IIRC is was like $40 or something like that.

For context too.
My yoshicuda came with a bit of vibe that I haven’t tuned out completely and OD Sugar glider I changed the bearing to a CT. So you can factor that into the cost if you don’t have a spare lying around.

The Yoshicuda X is $20 more expensive than the Sugar Glider. seems to have a good amount of praise about it !

2 Likes

i ordered the sugar glider!

2 Likes

Congrats hope you like it. I feel like I don’t see it get a lot of love, but if you like midsized throws around 43-44mm diameter I think you will dig it.

Also got a polyform dema, looks like a good throw and polyform seems like a dope company!

2 Likes

Otter is another great one at 54mm. Also had design input from the owner of Polyform.

2 Likes

Find a G2 grunt or try to catch one on a drop. You’ll be in love.

the sugar glider came in today and all I can say is wow. its insanely smooth and floaty and just such an all-around fun casual throw. i love it.

1 Like

Glad you like it! I saw you got the Dema as well curious how that one plays it was on my list while looking for throws before I found the Sugar glider.

the dema is exceptional, it’s one of the smoothest I’ve ever thrown. Its on the lighter side but all around is very comfortable and its wider than id expected.

1 Like