Yomega RPM Championship Title

It might be possible to get the high score with it stock.

5 Likes

I don’t know how fast the strobe at school goes. I may only be able to test it at low speeds.

edit: Nevermind, it goes fast enough.

2 Likes

I’m now breaking strings on the first toss. And doing shoulder damage.
I’m using something 100% polyester, I’m gonna try 100% cotton, if that can’t handle my machismo then it’s time to crack into the sample pack of Ammo.

6 Likes

Dang son, I’m still using the piece of cotton it came with. Maybe get that Kevlar stuff.

6 Likes

Cool. Just ordered one. Wonder what type of battery they take?

2 Likes

I doubled up on cotton and it displayed “Err” both times. I tossed the skittles out of this thing so maybe I’m just to much for it however, I went down to a single cotton and not only did I break my record but the cotton took three throws of 200+mph and still alive.

1 Like

It takes two L1154 batteries. Mine works with the stock batteries, but required a reset, with a pin in the hole above the P.

3 Likes

I’ve not gotten this yet, but it has cried “FOUL” several times.

2 Likes

Am i misunderstanding, or are you saying you are throwing so hard that the string may snap in a single throw?

What other sports do you do? And can you tell me your arm routine?

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure why they’re snapping so easily :joy:

Is the response starburst? Maybe that’s it but even then I feel like poly strings shouldn’t be snapping that easily

I may have to video this for proof. I’m 5’7 146lbs not physically imposing by anyone’s standards. I golf and bicycle when I can now but it’s a rare occasion because I have a 2 yr old, he’s actually the only regular exercise I get now, I was also in the Marine Corps so that’s some extra gravy. My son loves to be carried and I love to carry him, that’s 28lbs that I’m constantly lifting and holding for extended periods. I also apply a technique I learn in little league baseball called a “crow hop” for extra power. What this guys doing with his feet is a crow hop.

8 Likes

Can we get a video of you “crow hopping” your yomega please! Because… Extra Gravy!! :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve been recently realizing how out of shape I’ve gotten since my kids are too big to be carried regularly. Fair warning.

3 Likes

I picked up both my kids at the same time last week, I almost died

3 Likes

@TheThrowingGnome I agree! @Egon you need to do this, because SCIENCE!!

1 Like

I’ll definitely do it, I just won’t have a camera person till late today so either early evening or tomorrow afternoon. Plus my shoulder is still sore from hitting 231.5 mph yesterday. If I can hit 300mph I’ll have to get a Yomega tattoo on my bicep :muscle:t2:

5 Likes

Triceps for a yoyo throw…? or are you actually throwing it like a baseball?

Cant wait to see the video… i get a feeling we need “dont try this at home” disclaimers on it!

But please dont hurt yourself doing it, especially since you are feeling shoulder pain… shoulder injuries just doesnt heal well at all

4 Likes

Lol you are using a crow hop to throw that yoyo! No wonder you’re snapping strings!

How bout this… sit in the passengers seat of a car, yoyo arm hanging out the window… driver gets to about 25 MPH, slams on the brakes right as you do a forward pass…

Crow hop… pfft…

:rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t understand what this yo-yo is doing. The RPMs seem reasonable (I haven’t checked), but I don’t know what the MPH represents. I assumed it would be the speed of the rim of the yo-yo, but that doesn’t work out. It seems to be greatly overestimating the MPH (and equivalently km/h).
The circumference of the yo-yo is 176 mm = 0.000109 miles. That’s the distance the rim travels in one revolution.
So at 5000 RPM, that’s (5000)(0.000109) = 0.547 miles per second, or 32.8 MPH. But the yo-yo reads 140.8 MPH (at 4999 RPM).
This is consistent at various speeds, with the RPM always 35.5 times the MPH reading. This would correspond to a 240 mm diameter yo-yo.
The MPH and km/h readings are consistent with a simple unit conversion, as I would expect.
Maybe I’m doing something dumb here, or it’s doing something other than what I think it would.

3 Likes

I have zero clue how accurate these things are but Rick Wyatt and I used to play a game where you throw it and if you don’t max it out, you drink.

10 Likes