Yomega Maverick Review

Yomega Maverick Review

Note: This is my first review. :slight_smile: Please tell me how well I did! :slight_smile:
After Yomega’s Metallic Missile retired, Yomega set out to make a higher quality, updated version of it. Soon, they came up with the Maverick, along with the “Rubber return System” (We will talk about this later.)I got this yoyo as my first metal yoyo, and now I have set out to make my first review.

Specifications
Weight: 64 grams
Roughly 38 mm wide
Bead Blast Finish

The Play
This yoyo is smooth and quick. It spins for about 40 seconds with my very bad throw. It is great for thumb grinds because of its bead blasted finish. The main problem with this yoyo is that it is responsive. Of course, this is great for beginners. However, it somehow seems to float on the string. The Maverick is adequate for just about every style of play, save looping or off string. :stuck_out_tongue: It is great for simple string tricks, however, It has problems performing complex string tricks.

Conclusion
If you are a new beginner that is dying for a metal yoyo, this is it. Spins long, grinds great, comes back easily. If you are a beginner, this yoyo is definitely worth the thirty dollars.

Pictures coming soon

Thank you for reading! :slight_smile:

pretty good but not raelly in depth. btw its supposed to be responsive.

not much people like yomega ???

I have a Dash and trust me, clean the bearing, work that response down and it will be almost unresponsive. I do have to admit, it’s a little grabby at times but its still a great throw once its loved.

Ummm, Just because many people dislike Yomega because of the two idiots at worlds, does not mean that yomega is a company full of bad yoyos. Yomega have made many decent yoyos, and this happens to be my first metal.

Good review, but if you Breaaakin in the bearing and Relace the Blue Rubber on one side with a YYJ O-ring it will compete with my Skyline. and it is Dead unresponsive.

Good Review! You might want to put a couple of pictures in the review though.

Well, that was pretty good for your first review. Keep it up! :smiley:

I thought Yomega was the worst company ever, but I found out they have been working on some metals. And I thought, they’re not that bad at all! I would be glad to buy some of their yoyos.

good review but no offense, i have the maverick and i had had to mod it like crazy before it was actually decent

Thank you :slight_smile:

I have a quick question…how do I get pictures in my posts?
When I copy and paste from word it doesn’t work.

No, you don’t do it that way. You click on additional options and you attach your image file.