Yomega Maverick Review

Store: Hobbytown USA
First impressions: I open the package and pop out the yoyo. the first thing i notice is that it is small, smooth and oddly weighted.*
First Throw: Out of the box it is very responsive because of how much lube is in the bearing. While stock, i was able to do the classic tricks. I then clean the bearing, swap the string for 100% Poly, and run it dry. It was fully unresponsive! i threw it down and it wobbles a bit, but when you do the fingernail test, it had no vibe. it his the end of the string with a solid thump and a fast solid spin, which powered through my longest combos. And when i go to bind it, the grippy yomega pads return the yoyo to my hands with a thump.
Grinds: with it’s bead blasted surface it does good palm, finger, and thumb grings that last about 6 seconds each.
Would i recommend it? Yes, out of the box, this is good for beginners but when a few modifications are applied, it could spin through your most advanced tricks. I Have used a dv888 before, and i would say that the modded maverick could could compete with it.

I hope you enjoyed my review!
feed back will be greatly appreciated ;D

I like to carry mine as a beater.

good for you :wink:

Thanks! Was trying to figure out how to make mine completely unresponsive after my dad put thin lube on it… WD40…
It made my maverick unresponsive, and thought I had to break it in. That wasn’t the case ._. My only problem is-
my parents dont’ wanna buy lube yet. Cause this store guy said to not use lube yet for me. I disagree cause I kinda
want to clean my bearing but not want my bearing eating itself.

i recently took a toothpick with a small drop of wd-40 on it and put it on the bearing with the shield on between the shield and inner race. I let it seep into the bearing and dried away the excess and then i tried the bearing flick test and it spun for 16 seconds! yomega bearings aren’t that bad. I wouldn’t buy lube, because small amounts of wd-40 will work just fine.

My dad dried it too, we flicked it(didn’t spin very well), and… My dad just squirted the foam on… was it too much ?

I thought wd40 contained a bit of water, and may be bad for the bearing on the long run.

WD-40 repels water, and once it breaks in, it’s a better lubricant than even One Drop lube.

I like my maverick I just don’t use it that much because I play unresponsive

That’s good to know. I’ve used it a couple times before but stopped. I even gave my maverick to my daughter. I’ll wait til she sleeps.