Yomega ambassodor

I second this! He’s a wicked nice guy and he has awesome skills!

1 Like

I was the first ambassador on Yomega. When I was with them they’d send you pretty much anything you ask for, very nice people at the HQ. I think they should make a Yomega Team though, that would be a lot better then their current ambassador program.

Edit: They won’t just add anyone if you can do spirit bomb and brain twister that does not make you a shoe in… They will allow people to send them videos and ask to join but that doesn’t mean anyone and everyone asking to join will become an ambassador.

Any know colter

I’ve seen his videos but I don’t know him

Yup

Colter and I are besties! He definetly knows who I am!

Bump

idk why you would bump this… but i was recently thinking about trying out to be a yomega ambassador. I love yomega stuff, and it would be cool to get to represent them while making videos and going to competitions. Sure its not as prestigious as getting a sponsorship deal from a company like YYF or CLYW… but its a step, and if you like yomega stuff then why the heck not? From my understanding they will sometimes pay for contest entries and send you pretty much anything you want/need. So good for you for getting on!!!

Congrats on becoming an Ambassador :slight_smile:

As to those who say they’ll just sponsor anyone, I don’t think it is entirely true, but I do believe that they are at a point where they need a fair amount of people doing this. Similar to Duncan (at least in my eyes), people look at these companies and think, “FHZ! Fireball! Raider!” and other things one might call outdated. Not to say any of their throws are bad, but for competition standards people don’t just walk over to one of these companies and look for their best throws, they go to a company which is well established in competitive throws like CLYW or SPYY or ILYY etc.

I’m all for seeing more high end Yomega models, just all the same as Duncan, and this is a good way to establish some community cred I think.

Welcome to yomega. I haven’t been on the forum for a bit and saw this thread. I’m Adam Lord by the way. Yomega is trying to reach all levels and skills. This is why they introduced the Glide its a reall step up to high end metals. I’m not at the top of game for sure but I can do some okay stuff. They sponsor me because I compete and go to events and I run a yoyo club in NH. I am a great person to spread yomega and yoyoing. I may not win first place but I’m out there. They are looking to put a team yomega together that would be at a diffrent level then Ambassodor level, but they just don’t accept everyone. Sponsoring you as ambassodor has to make sense for them and what yomega is looking do move yoyoing forward.

4 Likes

Duncan makes sweet higher end, competitive yoyos. I would say the barracuda is on par with any CLYW. And a Tomas used a raptor to win EYYC a few years back.

Every time I see the thread title, the misspelling makes me think of Thomas the Tank Engine. Then I get the Thomas theme in my head and am reminded of what a jerkface Sir Topham Hatt (sp?) can be.

1 Like