Yodurance- how long are your yoyo sessions?

Typically how long do you spend yoing when you are able to do it without interruption? How long do your sessions last?

I typically go for an hour or two before taking a break.

7 Likes

Before my shoulder pains I was around 30-45 mins never more than an hour plus. Bit of free throwing and some trick learning. But my attention would wander or my presence would require me to be elsewhere.
I get the odd 10-15 session in now, 2-3 times a day a few times a week.

7 Likes

I work from home so I get a lot of short 5-10 minute bursts throughout the day and sometimes longer bursts during the evenings when I’m hanging around the house depending on what’s going on with kids and such.

For longer sessions, I like to put on an album and play through it. So, like 40-60 minute sessions. Any longer and I start to lose focus and my hands need a break from that string burn.

8 Likes

I also have a lot of short 5-10 minute sessions. Some days if I’m free I’ll do sessions anywhere from 15 minutes to like 3 hours depending on how I’m feeling. Probably average like 10 hours total a week.

6 Likes

During the week I’ll do a few short 5ish minute yoyo breaks throughout the day, like other ppl. I usually do like 30mins-1hr in the morning and around 30 mins at lunch. Lunch is when I like to film tricks usually bc I’ll like work on it in the morning and make sure I have whatever I want to film ready, so I don’t have to spend too long filming and then knock it out. I also have the best lighting around lunch time lol. In the evenings I’ll play for like 30mins-1hr and take a break and then maybe play more also. On the weekends I’ll sometimes do longer sessions like 1hr-2hrs. I generally like to take breaks tho bc I start sweating after like 30 mins and after a 2 hr session I will be literally soaking.

It also depends on if I’m just jamming or learning from tutorials bc if I’m learning a new trick, I gotta take a break to go check out the tutorial, so it’s a lot of back and forth. My favorite thing to do is put on a DJ set tho and just play yoyo until it ends.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Uhh depends on kids and wife some days not much time at all maybe a few minutes some days a good hour or two just depends generally I get a few hours of yo-yoing a week on average.

3 Likes

Sheee bros grinding :fire:

This thread do got me curious on how many hrs ppl play a week tho

3 Likes

Depends, like most have said I usually have short little sessions all throughout the day in between calls and stuff for work. At night though maybe an hour or more when I’m locked in learning tricks and actually practicing. I think that’s one of the best parts about yoyo though, is that you can just grab one, bust out a combo or two and then continue on with your day

2 Likes

Usually at night I’ll have like an hour/hour and a half session. Sometimes on the weekends or trying to get a trick I’ll think I’m done and go back at it another hour. In the winter when it was cold and I was locked in learning DNA and spirit bomb there was some pretty long sessions. Probably 2-3 hours sometimes more with breaks in-between those haha.

1 Like

I like to get ten or twenty minutes in a day. Little more on the weekend.

1 Like

Are you asking me how many hours a week I play? lol (10-20 probably)

For me it’s typically somewhere between 10-25 minutes every night (and hopefully not too much of that time is spent removing a knot or changing a string). Sometimes I aim to leave myself more time but it never seems to work out. It’s the last thing I do before settling down for the night. Pop on some music and throw. It helps me decompress.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I get at least 30 min a day, but most days I’ll throw for a little in the morning and for a while at night sometimes. I mostly am just perfecting moves I know and I am meaning to start taking more time to learn new tricks. There are days that I don’t throw at all or only a couple quick tosses.

Always got that thang on me though.

3 Likes

I wanna say 30 minute but the ADD says 3 hours

4 Likes

2-3 hours, several times a week. I used to do 6 hour practices on weekends, but I ended up getting bad wrist pain as a result so toned it down a lot

5 Likes

Back in my “prime” I would often do yoyo practice for a good 3 hours a day to maybe 4 right before contest season.

Nowadays as a working adult Im lucky if I get to throw a yoyo at all during the weekdays but I’ll occasionally get some free time to practice for a good 30 minutes here and there.

8 Likes