Yo-yo Designer Hall of Fame

Who are the designers of yo-yo’s that belong in a Hall of Fame? I have played many yo-yo’s and I have some thoughts. But in the relatively long history of yo-yo; my experience is brief.

Here is my obvious choices to start to the list:

1. Pedro Flores
  2. Kengo Kido - Yoyorecreation
  3. Shinya Kido - YYR and C3
  4. Chris Mikulin - CLYW
  5. Collin Leland - One Drop/Project - TMBR

Who else belongs in this honorable Pantheon of yo-yo design-masters?

2 Likes

I’d add MrBist (Ettore Ferro)

4 Likes

@G2_Jake

3 Likes

Oh my… what about G2 Jake? Elvin from Foxland Precision Manufacturers? Oh…and Shawn/Sean? & Steve from One Drop? DocPop to J Pang from Luftverk?
Just to mention a few….
Sorry about spelling name errors

3 Likes

Cant believe Tom Kuhn hasnt been mentioned yet.

14 Likes

Zach Lerner because he’s designed yoyos for at least some of the “designers” on this list.

Also @MarkD because he’s senpai

6 Likes

Jeffrey Pang

5 Likes

Carlo Menon from OXY
Kiya and Sonny from antiyo
Frank from Difeyo
Kentaro from TP
All of the yoyojam guys
Skon from his mods and the MG
Hans and Ben from YYF
Kyle Weems from Kyo

11 Likes

Jeffery pang? Alex hattori?

2 Likes

Frank aka Raytsh from ILYY

2 Likes

Honestly… this guy

12 Likes

Peppa Pig, Obviously.

4 Likes

Great yoyo design means different things to different people (clearly).

A lot of Research could be done historically through patents to identify clear innovations.

2 Likes

Who developed the original ProYo? Donald Duncan Jr? Whoever it was deserves a spot.

1 Like

What people are mainly responsible for the designs at yoyofactory?

People on the forums tend to go for the more collectible stuff. I guess that’s why I’m seeing G2, I’m seeing Jeffery Pang. And yeah, those guys make great yoyos.

But if you’re talking about “hall of fame” designs, I’m thinking designs that changed the game. And I really can’t think of many companies that have done that over the past 15+ years more than Yoyofactory.

6 Likes

I absolutely agree. Yo-yos probably wouldn’t be what they are today without Frank Difeo and many of the other designers you mentioned. I’d add Maurice Chavez and Landon Balk to that list, though. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few others as well :thinking:.

Edit: Tom Kuhn and Doctor Popular would be two of the ones I forgot to mention.

3 Likes

@hobbygod will be in the mix when everything is all said and done! Awesome guy and designer as well. Always willing to help and improve designs!

2 Likes

2021, Fair Trade Yoyos & Dressel Designs. Epitome of modern aesthetics and retro playability.

3 Likes

Yuuppp
The man @yoyodoc is OG for sure

3 Likes

People are often raving about the Ti-Walker - the Ti-Vayder is the my favourite yoyo in my collection ( this is after much consideration over the last 2 years - the design is so well balanced.) What about Heath Vizier from VSNYC?

2 Likes