X-ConVict HELP!

I have been playing with my X-Convict for about a year; I noticed today, in the middle by the axle well nub thing (the raised bump underneath the cap) that there are small lines in the shape of a starburst that look kind of like cracks protruding from where they cast the plastic. Is this normal? I don’t overtighten it, or at least I don’t think I do. I tighten it just until I feel resistance and then stop. Ideas if this is a manufacturing thing or a legit problem.

It would help if you took pictures.

THey sound like cracks to me. This is a somewhat common problem in YoYoJams. If you drop your yoyo or ding it, there is a chance you’ll get a crack.

i dont think its a problem. my dark magic has those and i never let it hit the ground or anything. im pretty sure that most yoyojams do that, even if they just sit on a shelf all the time.

The same thing happened to my DM. YYJ tends to make the bearings incredibly hard to get out. I could barely get a certain bearing out of my DM and that’s how i got the cracks.

How were you trying to get the bearing out? ._.

It’s already been said several times in this post, but I’ll throw my 2 cents in. The plastic part of Yoyojams will get stress cracks. I guess that was a big deal with the x-con which led to making the x-convict. I might have my facts switched around on that. Regardless, Jumper told me about it when I got my Motu, and I’ve noticed them on both it, and my x-convict. Guess thats howthey’ll eventually wearing out. :frowning:

crap, and I can’t get another yoyo for a while. To much other stuff to take care of first

does that crack thing afffect play?

The cracks are something that YYJ is known for on their metal rimmed yoyos. Its the plastic used. Its normal. Don’t worry about it. It will probably play good for a few years if you don’t beat it.