WYYC 2025 Predictions?

I made this type of thread last year, and it proved to be pretty popular. So why not go at it again?

As most of us know, the World Contest rotates between North America, Europe, and Asia, in that order, which means in 2025 it will be in Europe. The only question is which city it is in. My best guess is Budapest, which is where it was for the 2020 contest ( didn’t turn out so well). But since yoyoing has grown in popularity in the past few years, they could get a bigger market, such as London or Paris. Anyways, where do you think it will be?

1 Like

Maybe they will do it in Prague again or maybe Iceland.

2 Likes

Iceland would be so much fun! Takes my vote.

2 Likes

i hope not iceland solely due to the cost of getting there and staying there for basically everyone.

1 Like

the last time I flew into Iceland the first question border control asked me was “do you have enough money to be here?” lmfao

4 Likes

I would be at least semi surprised if it wasn’t Prague.

2 Likes

I would love Munich or Hamburg but that’s just me.

3 Likes

as much as I’d love a budapest worlds I can’t see them not picking prague

Im hungarian so i would bee happy if it would be here but its probably prague

3 Likes

I could see Budapest being the next spot to make up for 2020 but Prague would make sense too. I would love for it to be in Germany personally. The German Yoyo Championship is usually in Leipzig, but for Worlds it would be make more sense for it to be in Berlin or Frankfurt.

For the next one in Asia I could see it being in Seoul since there’s been a rise in yoyo champions from Korea.

And I think it would be fun for the next North American one to be in Orlando for old time’s sake, but I could see them picking somewhere in Canada since it hasn’t happened there yet.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure worlds will be in florida. someone told me at a contest

3 Likes

It would be cool to see it at the old worlds venue again. I may be able to go if it’s in the us

1 Like

It’s official: Worlds 2025 will be in Prague, Aug. 8-10

6 Likes

only 3 days long??

1 Like

does anyone think nationals 2025 could be in Florida?

1 Like

Nats would be nice in Pensacola or Orlando, but if they do go to a new place it would probably be Dallas or Atlanta or something

2 Likes

Sick, not even 2 hours of plane for me, I will be there 100% :heart: will be my first Worlds for me

6 Likes

I am also trying to convince my wife to go to Prague alongside a friendly couple.

Gonna be fire…

1 Like

I think the next Worlds Contest should be held on the International Space Station.

That would be the most fair location.

Because it would be ‘just as difficult’ for ‘Everybody’ to get there.

On a more serious note, I fully understand that it is only fair for the ‘World Contest’ to move around, so competitors can take turns in the degree of expense and difficulty to attend.

But that being said and understood, I also think everybody should recognize that even though the Winner is obviously crowned the Winner of the World Contest, that player may not in actuality ‘be’ the Best Yo-yo Player in the World.

The Winner is the player that could afford to make it to the Contest, and compete in the Contest and Best the others competing in the Contest.

There may be one or more World Class players, at home, siting in front of their computers, watching the Contest Live feed, because they could not make it to the World Contest.

That does not detract from the person that comes out on Top of the Pile. It just means that changing the location of the Contest is as fair as it is unfair, sort of a Conundrum.

…No matter where they decide to hold the World Contest, it is going to be a hardship for some Battle Ready Players: no Sponsors, no rich parents or relatives, no personal discretionary funds, no luck…

So…. What’s my Brainstorm of an answer?

Just keep holding the Contest ‘somewhere’ every year and Keep Yoing Going.

4 Likes

PREDICTION: Mir Kim will be the first person to 3-peat as 1A World Champion since Hiroyuki Suzuki did it '04-'06.

2 Likes