WYYC 1a final

If you read my first post, than I said I thought he had better stage presence than Iori and Takeshi. Its all good.

Each year competitors have a chance to shine. This year Gentry shown brightest.

It’s all in laziness lol. Takeshi yes, Iori, not sure.

1.5 points
If he didnt fail the bind that caused the restart, he would’ve won for sure.
He would’ve have lost the 1 points for restart and break in flow,and would’ve gotten points for that arm bind and music coordination.

Agreed.

I didnt find takeshi’s performance podium worthy, i could see him and zach g trade places on the scoreboard for sure.

Overall though i think the real shame was that Jensen Kimmitt didnt make it into the finals.

Wats this smell…
It kinda smells like a CLYW fanboy…

yeah its all a conspiracy. those guys are sponsored for no reason.

for the record i was most impressed with paul kerbels freestyle, but still think gentry deserved the win. i guess im a yyf fanboy now…

no… It’s everybody has one and they all stink. :wink:

Really guys? We are arguing THIS again. Every year guys. Gentry won and the score is fair. We each have our own opinions, but there are rules to be followed, and Gentry nailed the rules better. The rules and scores evaluations was given out before the contest, and seriously fanboys get over it. Just because your favorite guys lost does not have to start a flame about it. I a Marcus Koh person. My friend only got like 6th in AP (lets not talk about worlds he messed up) with 50% new tricks, but following the scoring it is very reasonable for him to place 6th. This example also goes for Zach, Paul and Takishi. PS my favorite performance is Paul’s. The biggest bummer is Janos got to tensed up and LUIS ENRIQUE AND ANTONY ROJAS NOT MAKING TO THE FINALS. I love those guys freestyle.

1 Like

Why do you say that?

I was disappointed in his freestyle. Using a pink string is not the way to go in a serious competition. Reminds me of another 2nd place finish back in 2011.

lol

Of course he wouldn’t know much about Goin into serious competition, lol.  Guess he suffered the curse of ‘Da pink string’.

1 Like

:o Wow! look at all those contest championships.  Strange why a veteran of that caliber would pull out a stunt like this.  Guess he feels like the only thing that wins are the tricks themselves.  :frowning: dissapointing.

Stop. Just stop.

I have read most all of the rhetoric in most of the Forums about who shoulda, woulda, coulda, at Worlds and all I can say is:
Most of us wish we could play half as well as Matouš Tomeš (Czech Republic) who came in 20th at the WYYC.