Best WYYC Preformance!

Hi,
Just wanted to know what everyone thought was the best 1a performance ever. Vote to see results!

Definitely Jensen 2011. It brought yoyoing to new place. Charles talks about it more in-depth in his trinity yoyo club interview

JD 2003

Added

It was definitely between Jensen 2011 or Jensen 2010 for me, but 2010 edges it out by a little bit because of the energy.

Anthony Rojas is winning! I picked him, best bangers and music choreography!

Just look at it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLcItu8kpRk

Either Anthony Rojas or Jensen’s 2011.

I liked jensens 2011, but the intentional weirdness really didn’t do much for me. Plus he had no showmanship in that one…

I liked his 2010 much better.

Depends what you mean by showmanship. Everyone in the audience was apparently captivated.

1 Like

zach this year is my 2nd favorite fs of all time

As far as music choreography, showmanship, etc. I would have to say gentry 2014, but my favorite one in terms of pure difficulty is Janos’ 2013 worlds. Most players have at least one or two really generic combos in their freestyles, but I think that Janos’ 2013 worlds really showed that you don’t need generic, point scoring combos to win a contest. Every one of his tricks was completely unique and mindblowing which you don’t often see in competitions.

Jensen had the MC make an announcement in 2011 asking for silence during his routine.

So difficult, so many great routines!

For me it was also out of Jensen 2010 .vs. 2011.

I decided to go for 2011 since it was just so controlled, and the fact that he does the entire thing with nothing but regens is pretty insane. I agree that obviously it didn’t have the energy or performance of the 2010, but I don’t think anyone can watch that freestyle and be bored… it’s just mesmerising. :slight_smile:

Considering in 2010 he scored higher and won the entire contest, I guess technically that’s the better routine, but I just decided to go with 2011 anyway.  :stuck_out_tongue: #anarchy

Also, whilst I’m not putting it on the list of “best ever”, I definitely feel that Akitoshi Tokubuchi’s routine this year didn’t get the love it deserved, so whilst I’m in anarchy-mode, I’m posting it here.

Sure it isn’t the cleanest, but considering a lot of the other Japanese players we had seen that day were standing in one spot blazing laser fast to dubstep, this stood out for me as being one of the most original and entertaining performances of the day. :slight_smile:

Yusuke Otsuka 2015

1 Like

There are just not enough chest grinds anymore.

2 Likes

Yes. Was there in 2010 and it blew my mind. 2011 is so damn rebellious and classy.

1 Like

I’d have to say that Rei last year was pretty on point.

1 Like

Mine is Marcus Koh 2012. :smiley:

1 Like

What the what happens at 26 seconds?  Is it hubstacks or just awesome?