Wrist Watches

I was planning on posting in the mail thread, but might as well necro the relevant thread.

I lost my beater F91W, so I decided to go for a major upgrade to the Gshock 5610. I don’t think I’ve owned a proper Gshock before; I had 4 or 5 Casios growing up, starting with an F91W. This thing feels like a tank.

I usually take my watch and wedding ring off to play. Both tend to get in the way.

4 Likes

I’ve yet to kill a gshock and I’ve done terrible things to them. You can’t argue with a straight up tank as you called it.

3 Likes

Citizen EcoDrive Titanium. Love the clean, simple style. My only watch. Got it on a deep discount buying from a UK based store when the pound was super weak relative to the dollar.

5 Likes

Does an Apple Watch count? :skull: I usually have my nicer titanium band on it but the silicone workout and braided bands are just so much more comfy lol

4 Likes

See those chips at seven and ten……….Ti.

4 Likes

Also in the Apple Watch club. I had a lot of watches but I always went back to the Apple Watch I got on eBay in 2016, so I sold the rest. It died this year so I upgraded to the Ultra. I have a case because I’m a danger to myself and others. Mostly the steel doors and concrete at work is what I’m mashing into all the time. I remove it while throwing though.

2 Likes

Now THOSE are chips. Damn impressive though that they stayed right there at the chip site instead of spidering.

1 Like

Yeah I definitely take mine off when I throw too, a yo-yo is gonna win that collision battle every time lol

2 Likes

Waiting for someone to come in here flexing a Rolex, if you do make sure you post a vid and turn the sound up I just wanna hear somethin :wink:

2 Likes

Rolex is nice, but I recoil at the brand’s pretentious image. That said, id like to own an Explorer someday.

Otherwise im still a G-Shock collector. Lately been wearing my Frogmans:

3 Likes

Tudor Black Bay 58 for me

7 Likes

Same!

Used to have a bronze but sold it. I’m a big Tudor fan and absolutely adore the 58. I do not wear it while yoyoing.

6 Likes

Been waiting for the Tudor Pelagos 39 to show up at a local AD so I can check it out.

3 Likes

Todays watch: Item watch
Todays Throw: YoYofactory Uppercut
Todays String: YoyoStringLab Ka-Pow!

9 Likes

3 Likes

I like the minimalist aesthetic on these. They remind me of a Mondaine, which is somewhere on my “to buy” list.

1 Like

Funny you should say that!

I had both a Mondaine and Jeff’s Item watch in two different colors, and I’ve gotten more compliments on Jeff’s watches than nearly all my other watches combined.

Really like my Mondaine watch, but the leather band, beautiful as it was, was extremely uncomfortable, and I sold the watch.

I want to buy another Mondaine someday though. Really dig the minimalist aesthetic with a little splash of fun.

2 Likes

this is mine, a xeric voyager

1 Like