Wrist Watches

While it’s probably prudent to remove the watch to throw, I want to see some level of “watch mount” for throwing. I’m thinking like a wrist mount, but using the watch.

2 Likes

I have a Garmin Fenix 3 I got when I worked for them. It’s meant to be an outdoor/triathlon watch (lol @ me every swimming or running, but I love to ride a bike as often as possible), with some smart features like notifications and weather. As such it is extremely durable. I have smelled the sweet smell of ano burns more than a few times when a throw hits it, but I still never take it off. Much like OP, I will look at my wrist every few minutes, watch or not.

2 Likes

Sparking a Ti- on a watch… lol

THE MAN SPEAKS TRUTH

Slag caught under my watch. Just a cheap Casio, but lesson learned…

1 Like

This thread helped me realize how often I look at my naked wrist. I ordered a Timex Easy Reader and an oiled leather Zulu strap. I’m thinking about a Seiko 5 for my birthday…

Thanks, yoyo forum! Lawl.

I guess my big problem is that large watches are all the rage and I am small wristed.

1 Like

i were this seiko watch it is really nice :grinning: btw check me out at twitch.tv/iamdizzy_

1 Like

I like Seiko watches, but prefer a more simplistic style personally. I’m thinking of “asking” for a Seiko 5 for my birthday. As a benefit, the lugs are the same size so i can swap bands on a whim.

1 Like

Seems like im not the only one here with watch issues. Guess I just have to get tighter with my technique, lol

This mount almost definitely includes getting the string wrapped around the watch body and you having to manipulate the string out of the gap between watch body and band. I did this many times when trying to show people my tricks, and 100% of the time it looked like a mistake. Do not recommend.

So here is my grail watch (looks like a cheap Casio, but this is the definitive version with the stainless back) next to my Shutter and hairy man arm:

2 Likes

hmmm. I want that watch.

1 Like

I had this and it was super nice, but I quickly got tired of not being able to read it at a glance, and needed my reading glasses to see some of the detail. So, I gave it to my son, who has better eyesight, LOL.

This thread got me thinking about getting a watch again, so I snagged this:

2 Likes

Another (former) Seiko 5 wearer here. I switched away from them once I started bicycling more, as my riding habits and road conditions shook two of them into total unreliability. Switched to cheap Casios for a while, and now I’m wearing an inexpensive WearOS smartwatch. I only wear it when I’m out and about, and I do throw with it on, but haven’t had much in the way of trouble with it interfering. I miss my Seikos, tho’.

1 Like

Bought a Timex Easy Reader for edc. It’s a great watch for work and most any poking about that I’m doing. It lives on a black nylon cheapo strap, but I have a leather NATO on the way. Having small wrists sucks!

The wife bought me a 1923 trench watch for Valentine’s day. So I’m looking forward to that. I just hope it isn’t radioactive…

I’ve never had a watch v.s. yoyo issue but I do have a question. If you are using a new smart watch and you throw hard, move your arm quickly, or hit the watch with the yo, does it ever dial 911? Just inquiring as on the slopes, when a skier falls, or skis moguls, sometimes smart watches, well…just aren’t all that smart. lol

1 Like

I dinged a yoyo on my Gear S3. Watch was OK though. Yoyo has a nice, 2mm shiny spot that looks like it was cleanly sliced off. Watch was on left hand, I throw with right. Now, unless I’m wearing a jacket (to protect the watch), it comes off when I’m throwing.

My Apple 4 watch only notifies me I may have fallen from the shock of when I am smacking my neighbors with a Shovel.

Amazingly, the watch is half right, considering somebody has taken a hard fall.

Just not me…:wink:

Oh doc! The trouble we could cause if we ever got together!

There are watch forums where you can probably get excellent advice on this. However, my understanding is the easiest way to sell a high end watch (Rolex, Omega, Tag etc) is to have a jeweler sell it on consignment. From what I’ve read, there is a very large counterfeit market for the luxury brands, many people tend to be wary of dropping thousands of dollars on something they have only seen pictures of.

french

1 Like

Oh wow, I thought this thread was buried for good. And now resurrected by a bot.

Well since the topic is back up, ive come to starting to collect G-Shocks (and a few others). I have cleaned up my yoyoing since making this post, and only now occasionally have problems with the string wrapping around the watch. Im still waiting for that ding that hits and cracks the glass just so perfectly, but with my metal square I find more damage comes to my yoyo than the watch, so I try to stick to resin models only when yoyoing seriously.

eBay started this new thing, were you ship the watch to a 3rd party to verify it’s authentic, the. Ship to the buyer.

But you’re looking at a hefty eBay cost with a couple thousand dollar watch.

My advice, take it to a jeweler and consignment it.

Curious, what model?

This is my daily now:

1 Like