Would this work for silicone recessing my yo-yo?

1 Like

Oh, definitely. There’s a whole thread dedicated to this thing. :laughing:

Permatex 22074 Ultra Grey for very unresponsive return system

2 Likes

Just a word of caution that Ultra Grey with a recess is specifically for a very unresponsive return system and not for everyone. You should ask what kind of response you want for your yo-yos. There is also flowable that is way grippier and a bunch of options in between. Ultra grey is cool though and I don’t really get snags with it like the string will just like slide and kill spin and that’s kinda nice. You will almost certainly have to adjust your bind technique if you decide to use ultra grey.

2 Likes

Is there anything else I need to adjust to other than binds?

I’ve got a grasshopper 2.0 with a narrow bearing gap and it snags quite easily, I’m also interested in tech play

1 Like

Nah not really you might have to fool with the depth of the recess but it’s not that hard to get right

this is actually hugely important. i put UG in basically all my yoyos only to find its too slippy for me when recessed, even a shallow recess.

i swapped to clear flowable for everything, and even with a very deep recess it grabs the way I want while still opening the gap for more string to prevent snags.

1 Like

What kind of string do you use?

1 Like

kitty first class fat

Hmm I use fat string as well.

Even with fat string you find UG too slippy?

1 Like

correct, for my tastes it was too slippy when using a recessed response with ultra grey. i do lots of flyaway/throwaway/guy wright style binds and i missed way more than i liked

1 Like

fwiw i use kitty fat with ultra grey that’s recessed and have no issues with snagging or slipping binds. if you have the money i would get flowable and ultra grey and try them both out and see what you like. some yoyos might suit one over the other too.

3 Likes