worst yoyo injuries

Ive knocked a tooth out of my mouth with a 5a regen gone wrong

What?

ha! fooled ya

I think I win. XD

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,7909.msg88009/topicseen.html#msg88009

When the yoyo returned to me while I was doing a plastic whip. The yoyo busted my face. I wasn’t expecting the yoyo to be responsive, haha

hit my funny bone about every other day

Same thing just happened to me , I was doing a trapeze in a tight space and slit my eyebrow deep @Kristiawan

2 Likes

Way back in 1776; I was doing some offstring on a dirt road in the middle of town.

The citizens were setting off tons of fireworks to celebrate Independence day.

I had just thrown a solid iron 14 pound 4A yoyo about 39 feet up into the air.

The Flash from a giant cannon, screwed up my vision for a few seconds and the yoyo returned to Earth and crushed my skull. I was fatally injured, I guess?

I must have been just recently reincarnated… Because right now I am wearing: a Hawaiian shirt, 501 Levi’s, New Balance tennis shoes and typing on an IPad.

And I know I didn’t have an IPad way back then. We just used sticks to write in the dirt.

I know I took a Hit; because when I was reborn, I was still dizzy🙀

The end

5 Likes

Busted my bridge afew months ago. Left a small scar. Hurt and bled like hell tho

either this or my rope burn callus between my fingers but i feel like that dosent count.

1 Like

First of all, kudos on the TEN YEAR NECRO! Holy crap. I feel like I saw a unicorn now haha!

Secondly, Ti Hawk to the dome:

10 Likes

i busted the inside of my lip open, yoyo smacked my lip, and busted it open on my tooth.

3 Likes

So it happened to me today. Remember kids, when in doubt, safety throw first! Duncan gtx had a knot that i didnt realize and came shooting back straight to my face unexpectedly. My glasses took the brunt of it thankfully :sweat_smile:. Just a small welt, tiny bit of blood above my left eye, and a bruised ego lol.

5 Likes

A long time ago I failed a knee bind with a Chief and sent the yoyo straight into my temple giving me a black eye and concussion

3 Likes

not an injury to me, but the space crown ultra made a rather large scratch in my glasses… does that count?

2 Likes

My worst injury was also my worst accident. A month or two ago, I swung my yoyo up too high and smashed out some glass from the ceiling fan (not the glass on the light bulb, glass surrounding it) and the glass shards fell and cut my forearm (on the palm side). Luckily it didn’t cut deeply enough to cut any veins :fearful:.

I’ve clocked myself on the head a few times experimenting with binding finger spins. No visible damage but man did my head hurt.

4 Likes

I’ve hit myself in the head before, on film in my first video from… 12 years ago (good lord).

(If you want to skip directly to it, it’s at the end at 1:17)

Other than that I’ve probably hit myself on the head occasionally but through the magic of safety throws nothing has been too painful. Most of my self-injuries are to my hands when something snags.

2 Likes

Ouch!!!

The worst for me was right before the start of a yo-yo contest when I was 12. I was warming up and threw it too hard and there must’ve been a snag, and it shot up and split my lip. I remember being very self conscious and was trying to casually lick the blood on my lip through the whole thing.
Good times.
Don’t forget about when it hits directly on your finger tip. Often a painful surprise.

3 Likes

As a blind man made free because of modern lenses, id gladly ruin my face to to keep the frames on. Ive taken worse to the face and was just thankful I didn’t wreck my glasses :sweat_smile:

3 Likes