Worlds as it happens

Always rooting for Jensen, doesn’t look like he made it to finals though. :frowning:

Answered on page 1…

Takeshi is not even mentioned on the first page…

Wup, my bad, 2nd

Bump, day 2 coverage under way!

Currently at work and unable to livestream. Would appreciate if you guys could keep us updated as to any interesting events. ;D

Paul Kerbal had an amazing run. So good that the announcers said everyone’s gonna riot if he doesn’t move on

1 Like

Harold Owens had a good run too, excellent grind to finish. I love having Steve and Rafael announcing, it really does feel like a live sporting event. All contests from here on will be judged by this new benchmark.

2A Prelims have started

2A Prelims over, 4A Finals up next

When do they announce who moves on to the finals for 1a?

Should be any time now, I’ll post it as soon as I see it.

1A Semi Final Results http://www.worldyoyocontest.com/2014worlds/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/1A_SEMI_results.pdf

^ Thanks. I’m watching the live feed now. I started clapping after one performance, because I forgot I was at home. :smiley: It’s so cool to be able to see everything so clear, WOW. I feel like I’m actually there. ;D

I was watching in my kitchen while making my lunch this morning, Chromecasting from my desktop to my kitchen TV and really it was like I was at the contest. Here at work today we have it on the projector :slight_smile:

The announcing is nice. It’s even better than when Steve announced during EYYC. I’m having fun!

1 Like

I love T.V. in the kitchen. :wink: You’re job is the best, because you can watch from there.

I read about the commentating ahead of time, but I never thought of what it would really add to the viewing experience. So when I started watching, it shocked me for some reason, :o and it is a really nice feature. I’m lucky enough to have the day off today, so I can view it from home.

1 Like

Rei went clean, what an amazing routine!

That was the best routine I’ve seen in a long time, simply incredible.

^ Agree. Also, you could just feel the emotion with that Godet performance. That one will win a lot of hearts, because you can feel his passion on stage. Lots of amazing stuff, and while risk goes along with that, it was high energy and he hit great tricks, despite frustration. Nice score for YYJ. Ben Conde captured the crowd, as usual, with some amazing stuff. I don’t usually watch offstring, but at this level, I’m really enjoying it.