Worlds 2016

Luis Enrique, Christopher Chia, or Ahmad Kharisma

did Luis do worlds last year?

He did but he didn’t get to finals :cry:

#TeamVashek

1 Like

Gormley’s gettin it this year. I can feel it.

Takeshi Hype train is a go

Iori; kinda hated his WJ routine, hope Yamato does well!

1A: Takeshi Matsuura Iori Yamaki (super close for first) Zach Gormley
2A: Shu Takada, Takuma Yamamoto, Joseph Harris
3A: Hajime Miura, Hank Freeman (close second) Don’t know
4A Michael Nakamura (please please please) Rei Iwakura I don’t know
5A Takeshi Matsuura Sora Ishikawa Jake Elliot

My three picks for each division this year:

1A: Zach, Takeshi, Paul Kerbel
2A: Shu Takada, Joseph Harris, Takuma Yamamoto
3A: Hajime Miura, Hank Freeman, Alex Hattori
4A: Rei Iwakura, Michael Nakamura, Zac Rubino
5A: Takeshi Matsuura, Sora Ishikawa, Tyler Severance

I vote for DC or Baltimore as well.
But, like so many have pointed out, we need people to run it so…

actually it could be possible because of the CYYC and a very small and local Eldersburg Yoyo club I go to in MD.

Albuquerque, NM.

#desertswag

I think that Cleveland, NYC, Pittsburgh, and DC are all great ideas. Not to be one those “I live here, so make it here.” people - but from living near Pittsburgh I know that consol energy center would be really good to use despite how expensive it’d be to use for worlds. However, it has sophisticated lighting, audio, etc. So you’re pretty much set up on those. Plus the surrounding area has stores, restaurants, hotels, etc. What do you all think of Pittsburgh?

Baltimore

The price, as you mentioned, is the problem. I’m 40 minutes from NYC, but NYC, Chicago, and other big cities will all be too expensive to have a large space.

yeah, no not anymore. those riots are out of hand and businesses in Baltimore have left in droves due to the riots… it will take years for that city to recover so now I’m all for DC.

If that’s true, maybe space will be cheap?
Just sayin.

I highly doubt it, by the time the world yoyo contest for 2016 comes around Baltimore will still be a wreck. Besides the point the riots are giving the city a bad name. I mean how many people do you think want to go to Baltimore to see the city after all those riots? I mean, and your talking to the kid that went down there fairly recently to see my cousin during, the protesting.

Is it really that bad? I thought they only burned a few buildings.

It is really bad man

yeah… There has been death threats to the police in Baltimore from several gangs… The stuff going down in Baltimore its crazy there has been a looting of a whole entire mall.