Worlds 2016

yeah me too. Just depends on the area it’s in DC cause tbh they’re some really shady areas of DC. The only downside of there is where to do it because there isn’t may buildings for conventions there.

IT SHOULD BE IN Los Angles or On the east coast.

That’s true. Best case scenario is a venue in the mall.

Is 2016 already ‘committed’ to the USA?

Yes

1 Like

Yeah!!! Edmonton!!! Who’s with me!!?

no…
Nobody?

East Coast please! NC or GA or VA

this is why I’m thinking of Baltimore because they have the venues for the area. (there’s a huge building for conventions in the inner harbor there.)

Or what about the biggest mall of all. The mall of america its huge like an indoor city and theres hotels right next to it and I live 45 minutes away from it

Kansas City could easily work, as we have food from almost everywhere on the globe

The media is (for the most part) EXTREMELY freindly (not the KC Star newspaper, they are dorknozzles, I have dealt with them before, but KMBC 9 News on TV is pretty chill)

Kansas is pretty easy to navigate through, and we also have a lot of museums if you’re into that kind of stuff

AND for people in the USA and possibly even Canada it is almost a central point (being that you dont live in Alaska or Hawaii), meaning if you were to travel from Minnesota and/or New York, California, etc, it wouldn’t be that different time-wise as far as travel goes…

also there are a few places (a couple that are actually schools right here in Olathe) with ENORMOUS auditoriums that I have seen fit 2500-3000 people with some wiggle room to spare

so yeah, KC could definitely be a possibility (not to mention there are really cool places to film, I have found SO MANY COOL PLACES in just my neighborhood)

I feel like this is a case of “enter city name here is close to me, how about here?”

The difference between talk and it happening is that there are people who will get it done.
Steve will get it done, manufactures have influence but someone going “yea well I live near Florida” won’t.

1 Like

Steve better make Cleveland work.

1 Like

That’d be great

Wherewhenwhat? I’m moving to Raleigh this summer to start pursuing my PhD(so NC is my new home for the foreseeable future). I only started yoyoing about a year ago, but maybe I’d like to go watch.

But the actualy answer to “Where should worlds be?” is “Wherever someone will be willing to organize it.” The admin stuff is gonna kinda be the deciding factor. (but my selfinterested answer would be Charlotte NC or Washington DC)

I and some other people are trying to see what we can do, because we want to make this happen. If you want to help, definitely PM ed about it. He organized the last one. I am trying to get involved, but I am probably too young to get things together besides stuff like websites (which would be: place rental, talking to sponsors, etc.). We would love to have someone take the leadership role who is a bit older :slight_smile:

California, especially SoCal, has a BUNCH of throwers, and well known pros :wink:

And you have General-Yo. Life is good.

Exactly… :smiley:

On the subject of Worlds, who do you want to win? I want Iori Yamaki or Paul Kerbal