World Cup?

Yayyyyyy!!! ;D

Congratulations to Germany for winning the World Cup! Splendid game… some bad calls, but good game

Now I can go back to having a social life. :smiley:

Back to social life for you, back to regular sleeping hours for me. No more waking up at 3am XD

Yuki

Oh man that would not have been fun to do, but glad you are a true fan haha

Definitely could have been a better game, but some really good play on both sides. =)

Sad that all the soccer I have to watch for the next couple of months is MLS, though. I love my RSL, but man alive it’s hard to watch MLS after the world cup.

To all those Mexico fans no era penal (it wasn’t a penalty) robben was straight flopping

That #7 guy got beat up.

So the blondes beat the popes?

Crazy football game. I wish the Lions made it to the final game though.

go sports.

Premiership starts in a month

True enough. But that’s a month away!

Robben should get an oscar for all those flop penalties, really good job by the guy.

man i am good at this prediction stuff my prediction was right!!!

Some of those dives were Olympic 10m springboard quality.

Yuki

You do realize that Robben dived in the first half. Not when the penalty was called.

OK, as a player and a referee I hate flops more than most. But lets be clear. There is a big difference between what Robben does and what Brazil’s Fred does. Robben flops when he feels that the defender is making too much contact or is impeding him. Fred just makes stuff up.

The problem that Robben faces is that every defender in world knows he has no right foot. So, when he makes a move, they tend to overplay the moves to his left foot. That is where Robben “dives”. He is trying to make the referee call the defender’s overplay. Fred, however, is just trying to cheat.

The penalty in stoppage time that Robben drew he was clearly playing for (and embellishing) the contact but Marquez was dumb to leave his foot out like that. It reminded me of the Australia vs. Italy game in 2002. Neither were penalties in my opinion. Robben also got mugged in the box in the first half of that game that wasn’t called.