World Cup?

Which team were you cheering for?

Yuki

France

Looks like Neymar’s out for the rest of the World Cup with a fractured vertebrae. Brazil’s chances just took a pretty solid dive off the side of a cliff.

Yuki

And with Thiago Silva suspended, the next match will be pretty intense for Brasil

BRASIL got it done today. Even if they don’t go through the next match I’m still pretty excited they made it this far. David Luiz what a goal

Never really been a huge fan of Brazil (not really sure why, they just have this vibe I don’t like). That said though, that David Luiz goal was an absolute screamer!

Yuki

BRAZIL.

In few days we will comemorate!

Great googly moogly

1 Like

7-1

I know nothing about the world cup or this thread but maggie and the ferocious beast!!!

Thought Germany would have a pretty comfy win against Brazil sans Neymar and Silva but I don’t think anybody would have expected the slaughter that happened.

Also, very poor form from the Brazilian supporters. I get that your team were absolute rubbish today but booing them off the pitch shows just how fickle you are as fans.

Yuki

Yeah booing is poor form.

They were overrated from the start. But three goals in 10 minutes? Brazil closed-up shop and went home. For a people that, at least, partially defines themselves through football; this was difficult day.

Brazil shouldn’t have even made it to the semifinal. You could tell from the start that the team relied too much on Neymar.

Agreed. Neymar, home crowd support and some iffy refereeing got them as far as the semis.

Yuki

Argentina won, well, I didn’t see this coming

I think Netherlands lost it more than Argentina won it.

Yuki

You think? The first PK save was semi-poor, but the second one was great, the keeper just guessed the right side. I think the Argentina keeper won it for them.

I completely agree. How many times did we see the Dutch pushing forward with 5, or 6 players at most? They played that game: Not to Lose. If the plan was to take a smaller, slower, less talented Argentina team to penalties, then well-done. I think the coaching staff was way too afraid of Messi.

If the Dutch had played to win; they would have overwhelmed Argentina. This bodes ill for Manchester United and exciting, attacking soccer.

Lets hope for a few goals and a good-spirited final today.

Go Germany!

Germany 2014 World Cup Winners! 1-0 Full Time.

Not quite the ultra high quality football I was expecting from a World Cup final. I think the referee let the players get away with a bit too much and that turned it into a bit of a scrappy affair. That said though, very positive attacking football from both sides. Higuain definitely should have scored or at the very least forced an amazing save from Neuer.

Yuki