WM2 vs Cascade

Because of this I got the Electric Bacon WM2…

Because of Bacon…

Can’t go wrong with bacon.

Good job, Maiderade ran out real quick. Lucky me i wanted Camp Caribou, and there are still 15 left. Didnt even need to be quick about it.

in dealing with similar shapes and same manufacturers, I’d always go with the yoyo with side effects. threads are a fickle mistress.

Not really. I’ve been playing over 2 years and I am a habitual “heck with picking THIS knot, I’m just going to unscrew my yoyo (which is what they’re made for)” kinda guy. Haven’t cross-threaded a single time, never mind actually stripping.

being a grease monkey, you learn early on that if you have to add more than finger force to a thread, you are wrong… applies to everything, it’s supposed to twist in smoothly and easily. If it doesn’t, chances are you are cross-threading… specially with the CLYW/OD/high end throws that are machined to within <1mm specs.

I cross threaded a swingarm adjustments thread on a KTM dirt bike due to being a doofus… learned that early and now I’m very careful… new swingarm cost me $300… not a cheap mistake. Be patient, finger force is enough for a good thread until you put the proper Ft/lbs once fully inserted.

1 Like

i agree, coming from a mechanical background. but in this instance the swingarm would be your side effects and if it didnt have them youd have to buy a new bike. replaceable threaded parts are never a bad idea to me.

i also think theres a risk of thread damage from hitting the yoyo on the ground or into something else while playing.

Again, not really. There’s nothing that can happen to your threads from impact that would be worse than what has already happened to your yoyo. :wink: In other words, it would have to be catastrophic impact, and even then I bet the threads would survive even when the cup got crumpled.

I’m not saying side effects are a bad thing… just that threads are NOT a fickle mistress. They’re not fickle at all. Their behaviour is completely predictable and consistent.

I’ve been playing for 17 years give or take, I’ve owned hundreds of yoyos made of every material you can think of and I have never, ever stripped a yo-yo or ruined the threads in any way. I love Side Effects for the ability to change the style and weight (and of course, RSMs!) but they don’t increase or decrease the likelihood of stripping for me because there is a zero percent chance that it’ll happen already.

1 Like