Why do you buy new yo-yos?

How’s it go? I buy them because I think I’m buying the time to play with them?

3 Likes

:face_with_head_bandage:

this only hurts me when people own 3+ of the same titanium yoyo…especially when they’re limited to less than 50

grimey

8 Likes

^ this. I love collecting. As things go, this is a hobby that gets me up and away from screens, and doesn’t take up too much space to boot.

Also, just found out that my priest had a collection of several thousand comic books so I’m not feeling so bad about my collection of throws anymore lol.

7 Likes

Haha that’s awesome! :smiley:

7 Likes

I’m still looking for ‘the one’

8 Likes

Yes, compared to a new corvette etc.

7 Likes

My wife asks if I’m going to keep buying yoyos, I then ask if I can buy a certain European sports car I’ve wanted for years. Yoyos win :joy:

7 Likes

Very much this.

I’ve been around long enough that whatever is #SOHOT right now doesn’t have much pull. I’ve got enough of a collection that I’m not itching to get more examples of different shapes or designs unless it’s something particularly unique. With a very few exceptions, I don’t need multiples in different colors.

I mean, sure, from time to time I’ll make in impulse purchase because I just feel like having something new in my pocket. But honestly, those are pretty rare.

What I care about is my connection to the throw or the story or the person. That is what makes me jump to pull out my wallet.

5 Likes

Number of reasons:
A particular throw might look really cool
Support a company
Add to collection

1 Like