Why do people care about nail vibe?

For me it’s a sensory thing

I do talon grinds and other grind tricks often/daily and enjoy when its glass smooth over vibe - doesn’t super affect it or anything spin wise - some dings can affect it a lot but slight vibe is just more stimulation than I may be interested in on a particular throwing day.

3 Likes

Nail vibe? I don’t care. At any price point.

If every half of a yo-yo run can be combined with every other half and yield a vibe free yo-yo without tuning, that is some impressive precision manufacturing. I still won’t pay a premium for it (given a choice), because it is irrelevant to the ways that I enjoy a yo-yo.

If it requires tuning. . . pearls before swine here because I am not going to tune it.

I would no sooner complain about nail vibe than complain that a splash was “too purple-y” while spinning.

I also have more $40 yo-yos that don’t vibe after multiple reassemblies than I know what to do with.

4 Likes

Caring about vibe is real Princess and the Pea syndrome if you ask me.

It’s frankly dumb and I’ve heard no argument here worthy of justifying wanting only ‘glass smooth’ yoyos. But hey, as that common and odious saying goes: ‘you do you’.

Good luck with all that.

6 Likes

Literally no one in this entire thread said they wanted only glass smooth yo-yos lol

3 Likes

Do you wish all your yoyos are glass smooth?

How on earth could you know if your bind is perfect if you don’t?

1 Like

Ah never mind me, I’m being a jerk really. Peace, my good man. @GTDropKnot :fist_right::fist_left:

4 Likes

ILL Vibes, Fools Gold Avalanches are great players

@unklesteve hinted on maybe another run of the Classic original CAD

4 Likes

Lol all my yo-yos are glass smooth and I like that. I would be cool with a vibey Yoyo too tho hah I know when my binds are perfect bc I just know now but it’s cool to see that reflected back at me and does look cool. It was obvious you were trying to be a jerk and that’s lame but peace! We can be cool, I just don’t know why you would want to be a jerk?

2 Likes

There’s a lot of OCD people out there…

Exactly :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

This might be one of those never-ending debates, but. . .

I always understood user-generated instability as distinct form vibe, especially “nail vibe”. Vibe is a product of how a yoyo is constructed or assembled. I doesn’t include wobble that is caused by user input like a bad throw or unwinding out a snaggy bind.

A yo-yo with nail vibe, as I understand the term, is going to have that vibe no matter how perfect the thrower’s form.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I think too? My point was that if a yoyo is vibey regardless, then you lose that feedback which is fine too, but as someone who hasn’t been playing for a year even, I like the help it provides to make sure I’m maintaining proper technique. I am not a collector concerned about keeping my yo-yos mint or anything. I answered OPs question. Sorry I just don’t understand what your point is really or why you’re quoting me now.

1 Like

I have no point other than trying to square my understanding of the original question with the answers being posted.

I just don’t like it when my nails vibrate. It makes my hands feel funny and my arms start acting strange. It’s a very unpleasant feeling. I think everyone should be concerned about nail vibe. I mean…why are the nails vibrating in the first place?? And what do yo-yos have to do with it?? It seems like no one notices their nails vibrating until the throw a yo-yo. It’s all just a little too strange to me.

2 Likes

Depends on the price. <100 a lil nail vibe will never bother me. >100 and I want it as smooth as possible. I prefer glass smooth if I can have it though. It pleases me.

1 Like

When lube in my yo-yo ,
it’s all about vibes.

1 Like

I think simply and realistically, people who prefer dead smooth yoyos do so because they know dead smooth yoyos exist and that it is attainable. who needs a reason, practical or otherwise, than that they can have what they perceive is the “best” quality?

4 Likes

everyone knows gold toilets exist but i dont see people throwing fits over not owning one

1 Like

Because once you have played something dead smooth, you feel fingernail vibe on the string. There is no such thing as vibe that can’t be felt on the string.

2 Likes

To each there own I don’t like my dead smooth yoyo. It’s a good yoyo but I just don’t get the feedback I expect. Maybe it’s cause I am used to viby plastic abd wood and such idk.

2 Likes

For me, I like them smooth. I know vibe doesn’t matter much but if it costs over $50 I want it to be smooth. As for damage, it happens. And if it’s enough to cause vibe then I cry myself to sleep and never play with it again.

2 Likes