Why are there not enough yoyos over 59mm in Diameter?

So my Raccoon friend @Aiedail who is 6’2” with raccoon hands wants bigger yoyos that scale well with her height and hands.

Which brings about why are yoyos designed for normal hands. Who defines normal? Lots of undersized throws. But not enough 59+mm throws.

Is this due to lack of demand? :slight_smile:

Photo for reference.

6 Likes

Because why would you want to make chopsticks harder?

6 Likes

It’s true. I have a Clash 2011 and an Overdrive (original Ryota Ogi sig, not the Overdrive Draupnir which @Mazdarx7FD hasn’t tried) and they’re like 99% of my yoyo usage. I also wanna get my hands on a Dreadnought and probably more of the 2 yoyos mentioned above.

The Edge Ultimatum is also really nice and big but the shape isn’t as pleasing as those old YYRs.

My hands are actually tiny for my height I just think bigger yoyos are nicer.

3 Likes

If you can have 54mm width yoyo, what stops a 59mm diameter yoyo?

Sanity.

2 Likes

So my friend is insane?
hm… kind of makes sense

2 Likes

Fools gold yeti 2.0, Duncan big fun, Duncan metal drifter xl, rain city skills seti, yoyo recreation gargantua, all these come to.mind pretty quickly. I’m sure there’s a lot more if I spent some time looking for them.

Are they really that rare?

3 Likes

@Aiedail have you tried these?

Clyw big dipper is really close too 58mm. Is she just interested in metals or are plastics ok too?

1 Like

The One Drop Par Avion is Ø62.47mm

1 Like

I think she’s looking for metals.
She owns like 3 overdrive draupnirs but want to expand out

Interested in metals. The Metal Drifer XL is an organic which is meh. The seti looked interesting to me but might be too narrow so I’m hesitant.

1 Like

Ah yeah, I always forget about this one. It has been on my list actually for a while.

2 Likes

:frowning: I lurv organics. Sorry I didn’t mean to third person you there.

So you want a large diameter W or V shape yoyo?

2 Likes

she likes Clash, overdrives, dreadnoughts and not too heavy yoyos

and racoons, and Gentry

The werrd hour. The werrd sentinel. The whole werrd decision series. The masamaxx. The OD kraken. The 44rpm blues. The yyo Jaeger. Your friend needs to do more research :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Mega crash. Also the Metal Drifter XL is slightly better than meh imo. Doesn’t have the spintime of the mega crash, but it’s not terrible and a lot of fun.

1 Like

The masamaxx is 90 grams and I don’t like the shape of the Jaeger.

I know there are big yoyos out there, but my list is considerably smaller than someone with more conventional preferences.

1 Like

I own a mega crash! It’s fun to mess around with, but even I have an upper limit on size. I use it on my breaks at work to make my coworkers laugh.

2 Likes

Big yoyos are nice. Chopsticks isn’t really made much harder with a larger yoyo. I reckon 64mm is still fine for chopsticks. I have small hands, too.

The bigger the yoyo, the more weight distribution effectiveness is increased.

1 Like