Why are there not enough yoyos over 59mm in Diameter?

Exactly. I am not really good at chopsticks but I notice 0 consistency differences when I use my Overdrive vs even some undersized throws that I own.

1 Like

58mm Turning Point Anubis
61mm yyr fay
plastic
59mm yyf horizon
58mm the sesh
61mm linkx plastic
59mm rebellion golyat delrin
60mm one drop kraken
62mm nc empire fay plastic
59mm clyw gorge
62mm rebellion dread
60mm yyf overthrow hybrid plastic

That’s what I found scrounging the yye store.

3 Likes

I have catcher’s mitts for hands, so I love it. Always described it and the '18 Squatch as early model Chevy Suburbans. Takes some doing to get them going, but nothing short of a brick wall will stop them, lol.

On a more serious recommendation, the Grandmaster by 2Sick is super good. Almost too good. I love it.

1 Like

ooh, Anubis is such a sweet yoyo…

3 Likes

That is a throw of covetous beauty.

1 Like

The G Squared Dire Wolf is 60x46 and 68 grams. It’s my favorite large throw. You see them on the bst fairly often.

2 Likes

I want an anubis so badly.

1 Like

It’s not actually mine. Jordan (@chaosgow) very kindly loaned it to me. So it’s a thick carpet only throw lol :slight_smile:

I am 6’ 4" tall and have long hands, a bit like the Templars in Tombs of the Blind Dead (cracking film that). I have to say I’m not too fond of large diameter yoyos, although I thought I would be. I have owned both the Par Avion and Kraken by OD and although I thought both were fine I ended up selling them on in order to fund other yoyo purchases (one of which being the Parlay which is almost under sized!)

Not sure if this helps at all but there you go!

1 Like

lol, thank you for the edit @yoyodoc. :kissing_closed_eyes:

Here is one of the very Best larger diameter yoyos that you will ever throw in your entire life… even of you live as long as me>

The Onomatopoeia.

Many, many years ago; in the olden days of yoyo past. I was known for helping design yoyos like the Motrix, the Motu and the Micro Mo.

I wanted to prove that ‘smaller’ yoyos could pack a punch. And I have always liked ‘un-big’ yoyos.

Not that long ago; I got 2 yoyos within a few weeks of each other. A Dire-Wolf and the Onomatopoeia.

They cracked the Size code for me. They are both ‘big’ but they don’t feel like Circus props.

I don’t think there is a shortage of larger yoyos.

I just think that the percentage of yoyos; 56mm and below is so large; that it just ‘seems’ there aren’t many larger yoyos.

Think of it this way. You go into a Bakery. They have 100 types of cookies. 90 of them have chocolate chips. 10 of them don’t. Someone says, ‘wow; this place only has 10 non chocolate cookies!

10 is a good number to choose from.

What are Raccoon hands; anyway?

2 Likes

1 Like

People do chopsticks in offstring lol

1 Like

Retic Burm is huge and floaty

2 Likes