Who's got a summit?

Seriously. I made sure not to post anything too related to other websites. I only mentioned the deals and the cool colorway. But w/e.

Were the posts that were deleted seen by Andre? I think it would be nice for him to know how he’s losing business and how he could be more competitive. It’s not a secret that there are other yoyo stores out there. I tried being respectful by giving the other stores fake names. I spend a lot of money at YoyoExpert. God forbid people know there are other options for colorways!

I was excited by there being a Dragonslayer colorway but the Dragonslayer pictured doesn’t seem to be very impressive compared to let’s say the Dragonslayer Code1, or the Dragonslayer Yelets. Is the Dragonslayer Summit pictured the best representation of what we can expect to receive? Maybe picture one with better splash or acid wash. I would not want the one pictured given other choices.

Everything I removed is viewable by Andre.

This is the second post tonight i’ve had deleted and told to respect YYE. I’ve spent more money at YYE in the last 2 years than i care to think about and made absolutely certain not to mention any other stores by name. I understand there’d be a problem if we posted direct links to other sites or even said what they were, but to not even be able to mention what we purchased from other places is getting a little silly. With the resources available to Andre and the YYE staff they should have no problem going above and beyond any other store out there, resorting to deleting such minor posts just comes off bad imo.

Also the Summit looks good and i can’t wait to hear the reviews. I would have bought one but after watching the doc and seeing that they went with the heavier version i’m going to wait for reviews. I much prefer floaty.

1 Like

I don’t understand why they didn’t go with the lighter version and use a heavier side effect as the base. I know that means that it’s marginally (MARGINALLY) more center-weighted that way, but when one of the selling points is that you can customize the yoyo by changing the side effects, you’d think they’d want people to be able to go both down and up in weight compared to the default shipping configuration.

Still going to get one of these. Later. :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely ^ ^ ^
Thanks for killing the thread Vegabomb. We were all just having a good time talking up our recent purchases and you had to make it about the almighty dollar.

2 Likes

http://i48.tinypic.com/10dikit.gif

I didn’t see the posts; I can’t judge whether deletion was warranted or not and nor would I want to pass that kind of judgment… mods have a tough job and are not infallible. He’s obviously at least intending to act in the best interests of a person that trusted him to do so.

Let’s remember that being a moderator is a thankless but important job and not take it so personally when we’re the ones who get posts moderated.

1 Like

Thankless job, think of the trash man.

Lets try not to get too sidetracked here. After all, SUMMITS! Can’t wait for mine.

But Greg’s right. They were given a job to patrol the forums and remove anything that might in some way be detrimental to the site. Though I don’t agree with them 100% of the time, they’re completely in their power to do so as they please.

Don’t like it? Leave or accept it.

“It’s not personal, it’s just business”

Had you seen our posts, you wouldn’t have made yours, Greg. No one is expecting perfection. We’re all people. But when you haven’t broken the rules, but big brother still deletes your post, it kind of bugs you. All I said was that I got a different color (which I mentioned by name) on a different site (which I did not mention by name). Is that somehow diverting business away from YYE?

It’s not. And by deleting those posts, look at what we’re NOW discussing…

Meh, w/e.

Back to the Summit. Looking at it, it’s more like an Avalanche right? How is it compared to a real Avalanche?

This is a question I’d love to hear the answer to as well. Profile of the Avalanche, cup of the Cascade (never had a Cascade, but not totally rim-weighted and a bit of a lip for IRG, yes?).

I’ve played Avalanche a bunch (and love it!) so this would be a comparison I could actually relate to and understand.

Ordered a solid black one, it will be my first “high end” (>$65) metal. I am very much looking forward to throwing the Summit, nervous about scratches/dings though lol

I will be the first in a litany of people to tell you that you should not start down this path. :wink: If it’s your first high-end, give yourself a fresh start free from the worries of scratches and dings. Unless you know for sure you’re destined to be an eternal BST’er and always want top return for your investment (and the BST game is enjoyable for you), you are far better off just letting dings happen and enjoying your yoyo.

Ended up getting a red one! Can’t wait!

I agree completely, I have little interest in BST and I know scratches and dings will happen, I will try and take them in stride :slight_smile:

Dragon Slayer. For some reason I got rid of my Dragon Slayer Cascade months back, so this is my redemption.

Crime scene has to be one of the sickest colorways i have ever seen EVER!!

Crime scene and jack rabbit look awesome! To bad that I thought Friday ment tonight rather than this “morning” -_- hopefully somebody will trade me for one