Who will be world champ this year?

Who will be the world yoyo champion this year?

2 Likes

Shion Araya don’t know about the other divisions and don’t really know about 1a but I’ll call it! no risk and I don’t wanna be 1a biased

2 Likes

Evan and Shion are always safe bets. I’d say Hunter and Kohei are the second most likely from US and Japan respectively. Mir Kim probably has a pretty good shot, given hes won the last 2 online worlds (but irl may be different, we’ll see)

Polo always has a chance, and some other Korean players have been doing really well in online contests (Park Jun Sang, Kim Min Joon)

5 Likes

I hope Junsang Park does well. Great player and I’m loving his Seiji.

1 Like

I’m admittedly not very well versed in players outside the US (besides the usual suspects)…. But we’ll see if Hunter pulls out the W at Nats, if he does, I feel like he’s got a legitimately pretty great shot at it - he’s been on fire lately. Evan will be Top 3 at least I’m sure.

2 Likes

how does the seiji play?

1 Like

The Spotlight is on Hunter

2 Likes

Honestly it’s pretty hard to say. Because there are just so many talented yoyo players now and more people are now on the competitive scene than there was a few years ago. I definitely agree with @SR1 that Evan will most likely place in the top 3. But if I had to guess who would probably win worlds this year I would say Mir Kim for sure. Mir ( and Miri) are on a whole other level and are yo-yoing machines! I think that both of the Kim’s are going all the way this year. We’ll find out soon though!

4 Likes

my safest bet will be sunshine jimmy fr

2 Likes

Chris Frasier.

2 Likes

When and where is the worlds this year?

17-20 August and in Osaka, JP

2 Likes

Kris Toledo been slinging fire.

3 Likes

Mid…

Kohei ig

I would say that the world champion will no doubt be the person that finishes in first place.

3 Likes

I think Hunter has a legitimately decent shot. That or Zhou Bowen (go team c3!)

Ahmad Kharisma if he plays clean. I saw his nats freestyle, it was insane.

3 Likes