Who only uses BST instead of retailers?

I was wondering who only buys their yoyos off of the buy/sell/trade forums? I have to admit, I haven’t bought a new yoyo in over a year. I know that some people only buy their yoyos new from online retailers, such as YoyoExpert.
Where do you buy your yoyos, and why?

I have only purchased my Lyn Fury and my Chief from the actual store. Everything else came from the BST.

I use yoyoexpert to get all my stuff, mostly because I don’t like to bother with the BST, and when I buy yoyo’s although money is an issue, I will willingly spend an extra few bucks for the guarantee of getting my stuff when I want, and on time.

1 Like

I look in the BST First and if I can’t snag what I’m looking for, I just pay full price at the store.

I use the BST to get things that aren’t made anymore. Mostly the SPYY yoyos since they’re gone after one run.

I buy mostly from stores unless I see somebody I trust has something interesting.

Split pretty evenly in terms of yoyos. But I’ve bought a bucketload of string, bearings, and other stuff that obviously comes from retail. :slight_smile:

I buy most of my stuff from YYE and a certain Japanese online store. BST doesn’t work quite as well for folks like me outside of the US because shipping is so expensive, the savings on secondhand stuff become minimal. I do like poking around the BST for interesting and rare things though.

Yuki

^this

I have personally never bought a high end yoyo for retail from an online store. The most I spend at an online store is like $30 but I dont by $100+ yoyos and probably never will. the only things I buy from retailers is string and other little accesories In my opinion I don’t think yoyos are worth that money so I prefer to buy cheaper on the BST. I have over 170 feedback between here and YYN so you can tell that I am a huge BSTer. Why pay $150 for something that will be $100 the next day?

Pretty much the same, plus most BSTs won’t ship outside the US anyway. Also I think there should be an option for mostly from retailer.

Its been about 6 months sinc i bought a yoyo online on yye or billy bobs. It was a blue northstar.

I guess me buyingnew stuff from the yye booth at cal states counts right?

Trust is the only hard part about BST.

I prefer new. Just how I am. I’ve done a fair amount of BST deals though and have gotten some amazing stuff, even a few with some nicks and scratches that still play factory perfect.

These days, since most of what I want is “latest releases” and I like to be “bleeding edge”(OK, maybe a bad term in yoyo), new is the way to go.

I still do search BST. I just haven’t seen anything that I wanted to get.

I rarely buy new. This happens when a new yoyo comes out, or I have some extra cash. If I do buy new, it is always either general-yo, or a very good looking throw. Even then I will wait and BST for it. I sell my yoyos to get my money, which is trading in my mind. Just like the buyer is a Middle man.

I pretty much only acquire new yoyos through trading on the BST. Every once in a while I will buy a yoyo new from YYE though, like my Ash berry Chief and a few others. I don’t have alot of money though and the BST allows me to try new yoyos fairly often and not have to spend tons of money. I love the BST!

I just buy new. I like a fresh yo, in it’s package, made just for me. :slight_smile:

I love the experience of opening a brand new yoyo, but, if I can’t get it retail, or, if it’s much cheaper to get it second-hand, I’ll go to the B/S/T.

Most of the stuff I have (with the exception of my FG Ava from the CLYW store) came from YYE. I recently found out about BillyBobsBait-N-Tackle, though, and they generally have much better prices (but very limited stock unfortunately).

Pleas don’t mention other stores.

1 Like