How trustworthy is the BST?

I’m wondering because I want to get yo-yos for cheaper than new, but I am skeptical about forums. And I want to spend less than 60 dollars for an edge monster lol. But anyways, how many bad experiences have there been? I know if I trade with someone who has completed trades with other people, I will be able to trust them more.

6 Likes

Use paypal goods and services always. Dont pay friends and family. That way if you get screwed over you got protection.

Also searching the forums for feedback threads on a seller who has a listing is good but I would recommend to just always use paypal good and services.

And to answer your question about people getting burned… yea its happened here. Usually the story ends up having the buyer using friends and family so AGAIN…please just use goods and services.

19 Likes

i’ve found the majority of the people on this forum are amazing people to deal with.

13 Likes

@FrankieJR is right. Goods and services. Also you can check threads about people’s history. I mean someone who joined two hours ago and are selling 3 titanium shutter wide angles might be sketchy. Be aware of who you’re buying from and I tell you, the people here will amaze you. Fantastic folks.

15 Likes

~100 purchases/trades through BST, 0 major issues

9 Likes

unless this sketchy person is from another BST and they are well known for their good trades, don’t trust them lol.

6 Likes

Oooh yeah I forgot about that! I’ve done research like that and it resulted in my acquiring my first G2. Research is important. A couple of clicks is all it takes.

8 Likes

which one did ya get?

3 Likes

Ended up with a Big Boi. It was my first steps into the BST. I was scared haha.

4 Likes

check the Traders Feedback section. have a good conversation with the people you are dealing with, if something doesn’t feel right, it’s probably not.

YYE forums are great… watch your backon the Facebook Yoyo BST & Talk, because the mods are not

11 Likes

The BST is as trustworthy as the person you’re dealing with for that transaction. Generally, I’d avoid trades - they can work out, but it’s riskier for both parties.

If you use Goods & Services, and require tracking, and get recent, accurate photos about the yoyo’s condition, there’s very little that can go wrong.

10 Likes

Its definitely scary, but is generally good on the forums. A lot of trustworthy people here. Use some common sense, pay with goods and services, etc.

7 Likes

I’ve had good experiences on BST, however, as so many have already said, I only pay with Goods and Services. My big advice is if it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. Trust your gut. I’ve only traded once, the experience was excellent - the guy I traded with and I shared a similar obsession with keeping our trade partner informed (when I sell something, the buyer usually gets a picture of the box with shipping label and a picture of the receipt from the post office).

10 Likes

0 issues ever. I always use G&S except with like two or three dudes who I have had multiple transactions with and have always been prompt and trustworthy. Most people have been thoroughly vetted through review and if not, just ask the community. People here trend towards very helpful.

5 Likes

Plus, if you’re dishonest or untrustworthy, you have to deal with the wrath @fatguysnacks247. Not recommended ^_^.

6 Likes

i’ve seen too many people - including my friends, and then recently a whole group of us, get ripped off, to not be OK with it, lol…

i just think you shouldn’t have to work your a$$ off to not get ripped off

the funny thing is talking to some people, and they view getting ripped off like it’s an initiation rite into the community.

11 Likes

Well then colour me initiated XD

8 Likes

Initiated

5 Likes

I have made 3 transactions on the BST so far and they all went very smoothly. But as @FrankieJR and others have mentioned, know your trader. Check-up on their profile info, previous feedback (if they have any), and only use Paypal Goods and Services.

Good luck and happy hunting for your Edge Monster!

4 Likes

7 years in I’m still not initiated :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes