Who only uses BST instead of retailers?

Doesn’t competition fuel business? Knowing that there are other options that some customers are turning too should encourage managers to revise their business strategy. If YYE’s response to finding out that I think that their store isn’t the best is to punish me, then they’ve just lost a customer. Not a great plan, really.

It’s an unspoken/unwritten rule that gets mentioned and written a lot.

Out of respect for the yoyo retailers, we do not talk about other stores relative to their forum.

Since this is run by YoYoExpert, we talk about YoYoExpert.

Yes, I know about many other yoyo stores. I also freely admit I shop elsewhere as well as via YYE frequently. YoYoExpert knows they have my business. Several other retailers(at least 2 others domestically, 1 overseas) know they have my business as well. 2 other domestic retailers get some business from me from time to time as well. I’m not exclusive. I buy where I get the best deal and/or gear the item(s) I want in the colorways I want.

I just dropped over $300 here on YYE today. Yesterday I spent over $280 at another yoyo retailer. Next month, who knows what I’ll spend, but odds are it’s gonna be less because I have some equipment repairs to prioritize.

Competition is one thing. Respect is another issue. Please respect the forum operators by not mentioning other stores on the forum. If you must, mention it via private message. Trust me, competition is great, and they are competing and we as consumers/buyers are having the benefits from this.

Thanks. If this is a problem for you, then I really don’t know how to resolve that. All I can do is ask for you to not mention other retailers on the YoYoExpert forum.

1 Like

I use the bst mostly to sell stuff nowadays. I use to trade a lot, but after all of the different yoyos I played with… I figured out what I like.

If its not OD,CLYW,TP,YYR… It eventually ends up in my bst…

But even some of those show up on my bst … I am all over the place lol.

Actually it’s not “unwritten”. It’s contained here:

YoYoExpert Forum Rules

No one is out to punish anyone here. It’s been a policy on yoyo forums since the beginning of time. The store managers are well aware of the competition. The analogy is that you don’t go into MacDonalds and announce that Wendy’s has burgers on special today.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for not knowing that. For the record, I have studied the rules list, and only saw a rule against linking to other stores (which I didn’t do). Regardless, I get the idea behind it and I’ll be sure not to mention other stores in future, though perhaps you should make the rules a bit more explicit.

Fixed.

YoYoExpert Forum Rules

(and fixed)

But, you didn’t change anything…!

You just didn’t read carefully…

Ah. You didn’t do what most people do when they quote somebody and say “fixed”, that’s all. I see what you did now. :wink:

However, I’m pretty sure that a Burger King had an ad that did that. :slight_smile:

I mainly use the forums if im short on money