Who is your favorite player, and what’s your favorite throw?

I was just thinking about this when looking over the state of my collection, and how it has changed over time. When I was younger my favorite player was Gentry (as it tends to be), and so I played mostly with a shutter. Then I watched Paul Kerbel’s 2014 World’s routine and begged my parents for a Horizon, which became my favorite yoyo for awhile. Most recently, I’ve started watching a ton of Takeshi routines, and picked up both a St. Elmo and a Mustang.

Most uniquely for the St. Elmo and Mustang, I’ve found that when I’m trying to learn Takeshi tricks, the other yoyos in my collection fall short in terms of stability and ability to handle string wraps, but both the St. Elmo and Mustang eat up my mistakes with ease.

That got me wondering - who are y’all’s favorite players, and what’s your current favorite yoyo?

2 Likes

Yuki Nishisako is my favorite player. I think. There is so many greats out there.

My favorite throw changes on a daily basis so that’s a tough one. I’m on a something kick right now. I pick up the SU1 and Killshot everyday.

If I had to really narrow it down, I think I have the most fun with the RSO bowl series. I like the ti best but that 303 ting sound is music.

1 Like

My favourite Player is John Ando. I just love his style and creativity. Fave throw changes every now and then. But most of the time Blizzard/ Dune and the new little league.

1 Like

Takeshi Matsuura, and Hinemosu is my favorite

3 Likes

After yoyoing for a while (15-ish years) I no longer have a single favorite.
I appreciate a lot of yoyos and a lot of players, and it is basically impossible to pick one because there is no “best”, just different. They are all great in their own way.

4 Likes

Lots of amazing players…hades is my favorite Yoyo!

2 Likes

My favourite player is Takeshi. And my favourite yoyo is MSG. I also love Yuta very much.

2 Likes

based

1 Like

I gotta handful of favorite players and yo-yos. Guy Wright, Janos Karancz, Zach Gormley, Evan Nagao off the top of my head. Thorn, Plastic 000 and Grasshopper GTX are my favorite throws at the moment.

1 Like

IDK. I guess i still like Gentry, Bandon Vu and Shu Takada. I’m bad with names and don’t keep up as much so no idea who the top folks are not sure if i did if i would care to remember anyway. I have a fond spot for my replay cause it was my first decent unresponsive even with the vibe. current favorite would be my el mijo if i have to pick one or my Janus which is just kind of in my pocket all the time.

1 Like

Hard to not like Gentry, dude is basically a walking spokesperson for yoyo and I think it’s awesome. Even my little cousins know who he is from YouTube and they could care less about yoyo

2 Likes

Tons of great names in yoyo history, one player I’ve been a fan of recently is Lee Jun Sang, he has a unique style and has a ton of fun on stage. RYC2023 Final 1st 이준상 / Lee Jun Sang - YouTube

Favorite yoyo currently is the TP Radix, such a unique feel to it. Historically it’s been the onedrop prescription though.

1 Like

All the ambassadors of yoyo get +1000 stock for doing what they do to expose the masses to the joy of yoyo. They earned hella cred w me for doing all that they do and I wouldnt be playing yoyo if it wasn’t for shu going on AGT and AGT being my fav guilty pleasure show. Gentry also stunted and won nats with a 15$ yoyo or w/e so that was crazy and evan nagao did the most ridiculously fun yoyo trick I’ve ever seen w the horizontal walk the dog in like 2014 or w/e that was so wild to me lol

2 Likes

They’re just on a different level than the rest lol, yeah Gentry won Nats with a Replay Pro and I think Evan also won a comp with the Wedge.

1 Like

Tyler Vienneau. My favorite yo-yo is the Abyss or Little League.

2 Likes

My favorite players have always been Augie Fash and Rob Kitts (MWR 2004 1a is one of my favorites!)

I try a lot of throws, many come and go, but the one throw I haven’t sold immediately is the first run Yeti. So yeah that’s pretty good. Albatross is legit as well.

1 Like

If I had to pick one favorite player, it’d be Jonathan Sittangang. For my favorite yoyo, it’d have to be the Motion Yoyo Kinetic!

2 Likes

I been a really big fan of Evan Nagao lately. Also Zach Gormley and Colin Beckford. Chandler Steele stood out for me from some recent contests this year. I seen this video of the routine Levi White did this weekend at MWR on YouTube today and I was pretty mind blown for someone I wasn’t familiar with.

3 Likes