Who is your favorite player / and their signature yo-yo?

Who is your favorite player / and their signature yo-yo ?? And why do you like their tricks ?? :yo-yo::yo-yo: :thinking:

6 Likes

I really like Yuki Nishisako, his signature yoyo is the flash and flashback. I love his unique style and his tricks are just bangers! I also love Yuki Spencer, Zach Gormley, Charles Haycock, Jensen Kimmit, John Ando, Connor Seals, Evan Nagao, Gentry Stein and Trent Knighton… Wish Trent was still active… His tricks are insane. I’m supposed to be getting together with him soon.

8 Likes

My favorite players are Tony Sec, Park Jun Sang, Evan Nagao, and Nate Dailey. I enjoy watching bangers and really nice slack elements. My favorite of the 4 is Tony Sec because of his fast-paced Meta slack tricks and his crazy regens.

4 Likes

I love regens so much

2 Likes

Oh I also really enjoy watching Tyler Vinneau, he’s mad clean with it

4 Likes

I don’t have a single favorite player… Off the top of my head, I’d say it’s a toss up between Jensen and Charles and the Montgomery’s (Mark and Mike). They all have unique and flowy styles that I really enjoy watching that inspire me to take a similar direction with my own style. I like when old school fundamentals are mixed with modern sensibilities.

The only signature throw I own is the Recess Komodo, which is Ahmad Kharisma’s. He has a very unique techy style that is really amazing to watch and the Komodo is one of my favorites as it’s an all around awesome throw even though I’m not much of a tech player myself.

2 Likes

Really tough decision. For me, it’s a tie between Evan Nagao, and Gentry. Seeing those guys performances at WYYC 2018 and 2019 made me say to myself “I wish I could do that!”. Never would’ve tried yoyo if it weren’t for them. I have a YYF American, And YYF Edge Ultimatum, and both are amazing, fun throws, and work well for meta tricks.

4 Likes

Ed Haponik and Jensen Kimmet are my favs. They both have styles that just cant be imitated.

I especially love the way Ed integrates fixed axle style stalls into his unresponsive play, absolute wizardry.

11 Likes

My top favorite players have got to be Evan nagao/gentry stein/ and Paul kerbel. I can’t really pick just one cause they are all so good but personally I really like gentry he has great unexpected bangers his timing is spot on and his tricks have very good flow some are fast beat and some are slow and he is very good with tech and meta tricks with the help of the shutter and replay pro of course.so overall he is a great player but second has got to be Evan his tricks are complex and very entertaining and the edge is beyond words it’s amazing but these guys are amazing players hands down :grin::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Jonathan Robinson, Paul Han, Mark Montgomery

1 Like
8 Likes

Ed Haponik

I like his tricks because they are rad.

3 Likes

Probably Evan Nagao for me. His Freebird routine got me into modern unresponsive yoyoing, and is one of the most emotional routines ive ever seen.

Runner ups are Doc Pop (his classics and still continuing contribution to the community are really inspirational to me), Gentry (dude knows how to rock a routine), the A-RT guys (Kimmit and Jensen, such bada** style to their stuff), and Ed Haponick for his “zen style” 0A and the fact that he can incorporate it into 1A, so damn cool.

As for the yoyos, idk. The only signature yoyo I truly laud at the top is the Spinworthy KNack. AFAIK none of my other favorite yoyos are somebody’s signature. It impresses me how well Gentry can rock a Shutter though, that yoyo is truly built for him.

3 Likes

I’m a Takeshi Matsuura fan.

3 Likes

As a teen I was fond of Tyler severance. After coming back after many many years I have come to like Ed Haponiks style quite alot.

The dude is basically Rodney Mullen of the yoyo scene imo.

6 Likes

I really like Paul Kerbel, mainly because of his 2014 Worlds routine, and all his tricks that are out of the ordinary and super creative.

4 Likes

Dude your Rodney Mullen / Ed Haponik metaphor is perfect lol

3 Likes

Gentry stien.

1 Like

Jensen and Charles are the GOATS IMO, and they make some :fire::fire::fire: throws as well

Also love @sakatuca (his repeaters are some of my fav tricks, and the Panorama is one of my all time favorite throws) and @Markmont (MCMO is one of the best organic yoyos ever made).

3 Likes

Man how did I forget about him? He’s incredible