Who is your favorite player / and their signature yo-yo?

So fun and unique, truly goated on the yo

MatyĆ”Å” DržmĆ­Å”ek, Tony Å ec, and Angelo Aguirre. And all three of them use SF Movements and Statements which are my fave throws!

1 Like

I have to go with @drewtetz and his signature 44 RPM Blues and unresponsive Kickflip varations, still next level :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Zach Gormley is my guy.

Borealis plays beautifully, same with the Wish.

1 Like

Toru Mizayaki
Tyler V.
Yuki Spencer
Spencer berry
Tessa Piccillo
Daniel Kim
Jensen
Charles

Not sure about some of the signature Yoyos but I really enjoy watching these dudes play .

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a curveball: Ann Connolly

2 Likes

Jensen, Charles, Mark Mont., Victor Sacchelli, Tsukasa.
These are the ones I get my inspiration from.

4 Likes

Shu Takada
Ed Haponik
Jake Bullock
Doc Pop
Markmont
but the winner for me goes to Paul Dang and his signature the Dang 2. Paul got me into throwing years ago after I saw one of the One Drop videos featuring him. The Dang 2 was one of the first yoyos I got after coming back to throwing last year. Just all-around great throw. Very underrated I think

5 Likes

Brandon vu
i really like his style

2 Likes

I really love Evan Naval and connor seals

1 Like

Holy crap your right :joy:

1 Like

I have many, but by far when it comes to style itā€™s Jensen Kimmit, but Iā€™ve really loved what Filip David has been recently posting on IG. Iā€™m also a sucker for Angelo and gentry.

4 Likes

Iā€™d have to say my favorite to watch is Ed Haponik I canā€™t even play fixed axel but I canā€™t get enough of his videos doing it! And heā€™s a beast with unresponsive too! His tricks are just insane!

4 Likes

mannnnnā€¦ BLOWN AWAY by the support here. i donā€™t set out (much less expect) to find my name on lists like this. crazy, and i donā€™t know what to say besides thanks.

it sounds like a cop-out (and maybe it IS) but my favorite player is whoever iā€™m watching in the moment. a LOT of players really melt my face with their stuff. i could generate a long list, and it would be mainly trying to choose between people i think of as artists (and friends). probably the one that sticks out lately is tsukasa takatsu and the panorama - just a great synthesis of an unbelievable out-of-the-box player and a terrific yoyo.

12 Likes

T. Piccillo ( Kodiak ),
C. Haycock ( Grail ? ),
J. Kimmet ( Super and North Star ? ),
B. Vu ( outlier ).
I may not be current on the throws or if they are the current signature throws but these are my favorites.

2 Likes

The OD Panorama absolutely amazing! I canā€™t even put into words how it feels to play with oneā€¦ As soon as I pick mine up it puts me in chill mode and I can just throw it around for hours on endā€¦ Nothing else mattersā€¦ Itā€™s almost therapeutic for me, all my stress and anxiety just melts away.

Jensen, Charles, and Doc Pop are absolute favoritesā€¦but if I had to pick just one player it would be Tsukasa Takatsu and his signature OD Panorama.

Repeaters have interested me for some time now. His tricks are always so mellow and flowyā€¦almost therapeutic. Most importantly, I thrive on the challenge of learning his tricks. Many appear to be simple, until you start trying to learn all that hand/wrist yoga twisting :sweat_smile:

The Panorama had me right away. A slim, high walled organic shape that reminds me of the slim roller bearing yoyos of my childhood. The feel and the challenge of the high wall is endearing and pushes me into furthering my abilities each time I pick it up. Besides all that, Panorama fits in the pocket nicely!

2 Likes

Player: Tom Brady
Throw: Deflategate

Wait this is YYE. Oh Hajime Miura for sure. Not sure if he has a signature yoyo though.

1 Like