Who is getting a yeti?

Im hopin gill win one but idk

Really?!
I paid for shipping on my Yeti from Chrisā€¦ how did you get free shipping?

Free shipping or paid shippingā€¦ Havenā€™t even played a Yeti and I already am super stoked and feel the value is fair! Can hardly wait to give it a throw :wink:

Just to let everyone know a US Dollar is now worth more/stronger than a Canadian Dollar so that puts the Yeti at just about $51.92.

Orders over $100 from CLYW are free shipping.

For anyone complaining about shipping, please think before you speak. Let me break it down for you.

I am going to use my home state for this example:

Shipping from YYE (Based in Mass.) to Ohio is $5.50 for Priority

Shipping from CLYW (Based in Alberta, CA) to Ohio is $8.50 for Canadian Post

Are we really getting so bloody cheap and petty that $3.00 is a flipping deal breaker? The yo-yo would have to pass through customs to get here. I ship to other countries all the time, the customs forms are a pain in the arse and there is always an increase in price. I can only imagine the hassle having to fill out customs forms for all those yo-yos would be like.

Lets not forget that CLYW and YYE have no control over the cost of shipping, those are prices set by the Post Office. Also, free shipping is not free for CLYW and YYE. They can offer it on orders above a certain amount because the margins are high enough for them to eat the costā€¦ they are still paying for it on their end.

3 Likes

Cheapest shipping for me from YYE $33.00, other options are $42.00 or $50.00. Customs charges average $30+

You can see why Iā€™m not keen on ordering from abroadā€¦

1 Like

Whatever helps you guys sleep at nightā€¦

Sheeshā€¦

Yes we know your parents are buying you a gnarwhal 2 and an Ac2

The US Dollar has been worth more for like the last few decadesā€¦

Itā€™s not the shipping, itā€™s that CLYW fools Goldā€™s are barely any more. Many people donā€™t like paying a large sum of money for a hunk of plastic, self included. Heck, Iā€™ll be honest with you, I rarely buy yoyos in the first place.

Back on the ACTUAL topic, I nabbed a grey Yeti. Pretty stoked for that.

Hopefully there isnā€™t anything I want from CLYWā€™s Black Friday sale because I have been spending entirely too much on yoyos lately :smiley:

My package contents are a surprise apparently.
I hope itā€™s worth the wait!!!

The CAD was stronger than the USD at the beginning of this year and for a good chunk of 2011.

2 Likes

That awkward moment when you find out that the USA and Canada donā€™t have the same currencyā€¦

Well technically they are the same.

Apparently I stepped on quite a few toes with my comments. I never intended to insult anyone, so I do apologize.

Iā€™ve asked about the black Yeti quite a few times, probably more than anyone else. I just feel ignored seeing that we were told we would see restocks of the black yeti months ago, but it keeps getting put on the backburner. (Chris has addressed this, so I no longer feel ignored)

Maybe this is asking too much, as Chris doesnā€™t owe me anything, but do you know what would have made me extremely happy as a consumer? A message from Chris saying something like ā€œSorry man, working with the colored Yeti are much easier than working with the black, so weā€™ve focused our efforts on those. I know from the repeated requests for the black Yeti youā€™re really excited about it. I took 15 minutes to prepare one special for you. Paypal the money and Iā€™ll get it shipped right away. I hope you enjoy it.ā€

Iā€™m not really all that upset about the Yeti costing $55. After the announcement of the colored Yeti I understood that Chrisā€™ plan was to sell direct at a higher cost, then eventually lower the cost once he has broken even. Iā€™m happy to pay the $55 to support the business. If this were a kickstarter campaign(which is essentially is) I would be happy to sponsor it. I was going buy a grey version, but they sold out much quicker than anticipated.

Why did I bother speculating about $100+ plastics? Slippery slope. At what point do you say, ā€œweā€™re charging too muchā€? Well, if I can charge $40, surely I can charge $55. Well, if I can charge $55, surely I can charge $75. I understand plastics are expensive to make due to the initial molding cost and that each revision can quickly drive up with cost. You make up for that selling a large volume at a small cost. I would love to see these at skill toy stores around the country. Production is obviously an issue at this point being a two-man operation.

I didnā€™t realize Chris had lowered costs on shipping to the states. When I purchased my fools gold Avalanche this spring I paid $15 shipping if Iā€™m not mistaken. $8.50 isnā€™t bad. When I first heard about the Yeti projected to be $40 I thought ā€œok, a little high, but Iā€™ll pay it. Chris is a good guy.ā€ Only $5 shipping from YYE. $45 Iā€™m in. This is where my mindset was. Then it went to $55 shipping from Canada which I thought costs $15. So now itā€™s $70. $45 to $70 was quite a jump and a little bit of a shock.

Let it be known, I love CLYW and CLYWā€™s yoyos. My first was a Sasquatch, and Iā€™ve been hooked ever since. Iā€™ve had 2 peaks, a wooly marmot, a wooly markmont, a campfire, bear vs. man, gnarwhal, 3 avalanches, an artic circle, a cliff, 3 chiefs, and a summit. They are awesome yoyos! Worth every dime.

I still believe maddoggysā€™ response is still the Number 1 unreasonable reason not to buy a Yeti. Having very little valid information about what Chris has gone through to finalize the finished Yeti as an available product, yet based on calculations coming right out of the seat of his pants; the conclusion that 63.50 is too much is complete and utter silliness.

If you want the yoyo and you have the money it is worth it. If you dont want the yoyo and you dont have the money, it is not worth it. If you want the yoyo and you dont have the money, you just identify the Yeti in the same group of ALL the other things in life you dont have because you cant afford to have one of everything. If you dont want the yoyo, but you have the money, you shouldnt even make a comment about the final cost of the Yeti plus shippingā€¦ you should spend your time focusing on something you want instead of whining about something you could care less about anyways.

Now that being said, ifā€¦ā€˜ifā€™ Chris increases the price of the Yeti to ā€˜56 dollars plus 9 Dollars shippingā€™, than I will personally Walk to Canada and Kill him with a Rusty Axe! Yup, that extra buck and a half would be a Game changer, no doubt.

Even I Draw the line somewhere. I dont care about him having to: make a house paymentā€¦ put food on the tableā€¦ buy stuff for his familyā€¦ pay Chuck for helping himā€¦ working 14 hours a day, until he is so unresponsive, he has to do a bind return to pull himself into bedā€¦ I dont care if he has to go out of businessā€¦ I dont care what he spends on R and Dā€¦ I dont care what failure rate he has to eatā€¦ I dont care what Canadian postage problems he runs intoā€¦ I dont care if he doesnt careā€¦ I dont care if he doesnt care that I dont careā€¦ I dont care if he doesnt care that I dont care if he
even bothers to try to justify anything to make me believe his costs and final prices are justifiedā€¦

If he has the nerve to go up, even another dollar or so, I will Never buy another CLYW yoyo ever againā€¦ ever. In my mind, he will no longer exist. I will forget All the Amazing yoyos he has made available in the last several years. I will not even touch another piece of Canadian Bacon. I will cease to watch Hockey. I will refuse to look at any images of Snow. I will email Jensen Kimmett. I will ask him every or anything he doesnt like about Chris, so I will have even less reason to have any positive thoughts about Chris/CLYW.

I will identify Chris as an Enemy of the Human Yoyo race. Deliberately trying to bring us all to financial ruin by sucking us in with hype to go broke buying his yoyos. I will give him minus zero Credit for having the adventurous initiative to offer us a Plastic yoyo that plays pretty sweet and costs a whole lot less than itsā€™ metal alternatives. I will hurt any local tourists with Canadian Accents.

And I will buy my Axe from an American Hardware store. Where they charge reasonable prices for large scary axes. I will buy it from Ace. Because Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man.

Yes, indeed, Even I have a breaking point. That extra dollar would make me Snap like a Twig!

The only reason Chris is so Bold, holding his yoyos Hostage for the ā€˜uh, big bucksā€™ is because he is so far away, prolly hiding in an igloo, miles from his actual mailing address.

And I will dig a deep hole in my back yard and bury All my CLYW yoyos. I will bury my Avas and my Gnars and my ACs and my Cliffs and my BVMs and my BVM2s and my Puffins and my Arctic Expresses and All my other CLYW yoyos. And after I play my several Yetis every day for the next 6 months or so, yes, I will even bury themā€¦ Prolly in another much shallower hole, so I can dig them up the next day, most likely.

I am serious now. I know I kid around alot on this forum. But not today. This is not a joking matter.

I think there should be a Luxury import tax on any Plastic yoyos coming from Canada that cost more than 55 bucks!

Chris and I go waaaay back. We were almost friends. But now he is just another blood sucker trying to send me to the poor house.

No more Mr. Niceguy.

The end.

3 Likes

Too good.

ā€¦ So anyways I ordered my Khaki Yeti today. Super excitedā€¦

Wow man you should go to broadway and I think you need a hug O.O

No, more! Doc is exactly the type of person we need in this community - offering some much-needed realism peppered (or rather, dump-trucked) with satire.

I do in fact think that may be asking a little too much.

2 Likes