Who got their Duncans from the Yoyo Day sale?

I was really interested in the new Exit8, so I figured I might as well snag a few Duncan throws that I had been eyeing for a while during their recent sale. I got a Grasshopper GTX and a Counterpunch, and that was enough to get the Metal Drifter XL, Windrunner 7068, and Exit8 for free!

I received them on Monday, and I’ve decided to play a new one each day of the week, to get a better feel of each one. I’ve found that trying a ton of throws at once just equates to them all feeling very meh.

So far I’ve tossed the GTX, the Exit8, and I’m just picking up the XL. Hard to say which is the favorite because they are all so different, but damn…

I must stay Duncan has been killing it with their new stuff. :ok_hand:t2:

Have you got your new new Duncans? What do you think?

7 Likes

Me, me, me!!!
lol
I haven’t been throwing as much this last week. Been kinda busy with stuff.
I haven’t really been super impressed with any of the 3 freebies. Don’t get me wrong…I’m amazed they gave them away for free.
I’m not into big yos at all…I will admit though that the tiny bit I have played with the xl, it was pretty fun. At the same time, once I put it down it’s not something I’ve had much interest in picking back up.
I guess I can say the same with all 3…they were pretty fun, SUPER smooth and stable…but none of them are calling to me.
I think a big part of it…and this may, or may not, sound completely ridiculous…but part of it, is I just don’t like the colorways haha. Though it’s unique, I’m just not digging the camouflage…and I’m not into the colors themselves. I’m pretty much only collecting green throws, so these don’t look right in my collection! xP
I’m thinking about selling them or trading them away for other yos soon.

Do I sound like I’m being ungrateful here?
I do think they’re all great yos…they’re just not something I’m super excited about.

1 Like

That’s understandable. There’s hundreds of good Yoyos, but not all of them will float your boat. :rowing_woman:

Although, I wonder if you would’ve felt differently had you not gotten them for free? Liked them less? Or possibly convinced yourself to like them more? lol

1 Like

Ohhhh, and I forgot to mention, I’m also not a huge fan of the camos, but they look pretty nice when they’re spinning, so I forget about it.

1 Like

So far really enjoying the 3 freebies. I am also really enjoying the regular grasshopper. Feels like it just glides through the strings and it’s silent.

The XL makes cool sounds when you bind BTW.

1 Like

I got the Barracuda, Pulse & Windrunner. I like the Windrunner a lot. It’s smooth and plays well. They pulse is fun but I won’t be playing with it to much. The Barracuda is good too but not as good as the Windrunner. I’m hoping good string makes it play better.

1 Like

I totally agree that Duncan has been killing it. The GTX is out of this world (single best throw I’ve ever played) and the Mayhem is probably my favorite organic.

I really enjoy all of the 3 freebies. The Exit8 is excellent as a slightly undersized (mostly diameter, but also a little width) bimetal with organic overtones. It is stable and powerful enough, and moves very well.

The Metal Drifter XL kind of blew my mind. I’m not a fan of oversized throws, but the MDXL changed my mind. It doesn’t play like it’s almost 71 g. It feels just right on the string and can power through even tough combos and surprisingly tight mounts. For an organic shape it has very good power and stability. Overall, a great change from the standard and super fun to play.

The Windrunner is very good, but lacks a little power for my (admittedly bimetal biased) taste. It reminds me a little of the Blossom.

For the record, I absolutely love the camo colorways.

4 Likes