Who got a WM2?

Sunrise Kingdom :slight_smile: I think I got the last or second to last one…It was close.

Awesome! I really wanted that color but the YYE site was too slow and I thought that if I went for anything else I wouldn’t have gotten one at all.

I was going to go for the YYE Exclusive black red fade, but it’s missing one of the main ingredients, some clear/silver. So, I decided to pass on it, because it’s not an official YYE Edition anyway. Instead, I got a blizzard splash, and I have a BBB from the last run. I wish it was regular blizzard so that it matches the other throws I have, but the blizzard splash looks neat, and kinda matches anyway.

Sweet TA. :slight_smile: I was having a hard time deciding between the blizzard splash and sunrise kingdom. But I still ended up with clareview. Lol

Why do people purchase Apple products? You can get more powerful PC products for a quarter of the price of your average Apple computer. Even the iPhone is outdated compared to current Android releases.

The reason? CLYW offers an exclusive experience with their product. You may be paying a premium for one of their throws, but you’re getting the little fine details and care that other companies don’t quite provide. One Drop is similar, but they keep costs down by using the pyramatte finish.

You can make the same argument with sneakers, and other things that fall into ‘hypebeast’ culture.

Now, if you want to draw a line on pricing, let’s talk about some of those insane Japanese throws… :smiley: I definitely want a couple, but I just can’t justify them.

Besides, a night out with the wife costs way more than 150 dollars. Don’t ever get married if you think a CLYW is expensive!

My only gripe is collectors eating up the stock. I love you guys, but I only buy models I plan to play. If I’m not playing 'em they gotta go. It breaks my heart to see so many desirable models just sitting in a case. :wink:

All those things do sort of annoy me. Not too much though.

It’s not that I think CLYW is expensive, it’s that I don’t think it’s worth the money.
My whole point is that I’m surprised to see so many people (enough to nearly crash yoyoexpert) clammering to spend $135 on something with the same performance as the shutter. I understand it’s sort of a designer product, which justifies it a little for me, but it’s still surprising.

I don’t know about it having the same performance as the shutter… The shutter performs great, but it’s a whole different feel.

I think a better argument would be the Toohot/HOT/Cascade.

But I don’t think many people will be clamoring about the Toohot until it comes out of it’s prototype stages and has a full run. The black/purple splash is kind of boring, not many people are going to get excited over that.

That’s the point. It’s not the performance that people get excited over, it’s the colorways. And since it seems that special colorways add about $15 onto a yoyo that is already overpriced(in my opinion), I’m surprised that people make such a big deal over them.

This is just my opinion, and I understand that most people do not share. I’m not trying to bash anyone, just commenting on things.

Lets just all remember Chris has to make a living. I read somewhere this is his full time job now.

We’re all supporting a great company. Cut him some slack.

1 Like

Again, I’ll just point out a point that was made in a different thread about yoyo price: if the Shutter weren’t outsourced to China, it would probably be closer to $100. $35 more is not unthinkable for a high quality product, with a brand name and company people like. And even YYF is charging $20 more for their premium colorways (alien galaxy shutter, for instance).

A much more apt comparison would be with OneDrop. And at that point, the price difference is not quite as great. It’s still there, and is definitely at least partly marketing hype, but they’re still quality products with some personality, backed by a great company and team. So I’m willing to pay the price. =)

I do wish they’d make bigger runs, though. I don’t care for artificial supply constraints, and the hype they generate.

I did’nt!

One of each color!

1 Like

I would if I could afford them. The thing is, complaining about the prices won’t lower them. All you can do is not buy them. If you can’t understand why people spend their money on the things they do, then don’t worry about it. Everyone has their own reasons for doing things.

One thing for me is that yoyos are not only cheaper, but also more rewarding than videogames, which bore me half to death nowdays. I used to love the 2d era, but all this FPS Halo nonsense simply lacks any fun.

So hey, I have a cheaper hobby now. :o

@basepi

Some (most) shutters are actually made in the USA.

This was my original reply:

“Wait, what? You bought 11 WM2s? That’s – quick tally in the head – something like $1500!”

Then I noticed that 1pt font “n’t” on the end of your first line

Crafty, sir, crafty.

Really? I knew the CZM8 had USA-made models (usually at almost twice the cost – I have one), but I didn’t know the Shutter did.

My shutter has no “made in Shenzhen” laser engraving. YYF throws made in China have that engraving. A lot of YYFs high end are USA made as well.

Want one so bad lol.

Shutter’s are made in China, based on the “other” popular site that sells yo-yos “world-wide” :wink:

Not all shutters are made in China.