Who else throws with less than 10 digits?

I Lost a pinky to a table saw 18yrs ago! There’s been a few tricks that I’ve had trouble with due to it and arthritis can be a bear. I’m hoping one day though I can create a trick that requires having only half a pinky! Anyone else getting by with a missing digit? Let’s see em!

12 Likes

Rad! 9 is my favourite number, but unfortunately I’m in the 10 digit club. Maybe someday?

4 Likes

Be careful out there! :call_me_hand::hocho:

3 Likes

Wooo I’ve had a few close calls, I was in a chef program and have had a few close calls, I respect you sir :muscle:

4 Likes

Almost took my left thumb off with a piece of sheet metal. About halfway, skipped over the bone, so I was lucky. Some paper towels and electrical tape kept it together.

Got hung by my wedding band on the side of an aircraft. Hurt like hell and bruised sooo bad, but stayed on. I’ve seen a few not so lucky. So all in all, pretty lucky, still have all 10.

4 Likes

Oh man I’m paranoid about the wedding ring getting caught! Caught on an aircraft?!?..this gives me a funny visual of you hanging from an aircraft by your wedding ring after a skydive gone wrong!:small_airplane::ring:

2 Likes

Yeah this is one of those “I want to hear more! WAIT… do I actually want to hear more?? :thinking:” kinda deals

2 Likes

Yeah I have not worn one in probably 13 years or so since it happened.
I used to be an aircraft mechanic. I was replacing a window frame on a Navy P-3 and hade about 100 cleco fasteners holding the skins together. I was leaning over the the aircraft and standing on the rail of a boom lift. I hopped off the rail to get back in the basket and my ring caught on a cleco. I was hanging there for a second or two. Had to regain my footing on the rail and unhook it.

2 Likes

I just cringed imagining that! :weary:

2 Likes

I had another scare one time on my motorcycle. A car in front of me on the highway swerved real hard to the right. They were avoiding a retread about 3-4ft long curled up in the road. It clipped it and it flew up in the air. I swear it was almost eye level. I swerved hard but was next to another car and it hit the ground and my left foot. It hooked my foot around the peg and felt like it ripped my foot off. I couldn’t feel it or the pegs and honestly frantically started looking down trying to see if it was there. It was thank God.

3 Likes

I had the same feeling when my hand went down onto the table saw blade! The board kicked back so fast and hard I wasn’t quite sure what happened. I jerked back and frantically looked down expecting to see a bad cut and there was just nothing! The other half of my pinky was laying there next to the still spinning saw blade. :scream:. Had no insurance at the time…
Option 1- Pay 30,000-40,000$ and have them sew it back on, but you’ll never be able to bend it again.
Option 2- Pay 3,000-4,000$ and say bye bye pinky

4 Likes

I have always respected my table saw. Respected out of fear. I think that is the single piece of machinery that has claimed more digits. Have you seen that saw stop product. The name is blanking on me. But the first time I saw it i was amazed.

My father in law took about 1/2 of his thumb off with one and my grandfather got about half through one of his digits. I think I would have went the same route as you. If I can’t use it, it will just get in the way. At least you don’t have to worry about raising your pinky for tea.:blush:

3 Likes

It’s called Saw Stop and it is amazing! I love when they drop the hotdog on the spinning blade and it barely leaves a scratch!

3 Likes

This isn’t quite as bad as some of the stories here, but I though I would share anyways: I shot a nail through my pinky finger this last summer. It didn’t result in any side effects (like not being able to move it, etc.) but it’s a fun story to share.

3 Likes

I’ve got 5 on my left so I’m in the 10 finger club. @smileypants707

3 Likes

5 Likes

Didn’t get me though!:ok_hand::point_left:

3 Likes

The only context when you can use those emojis :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:clown_face:

5 Likes

Do a nub spin :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes