Which yoyo would you recommend

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc) - Medium
2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape) - Wide rounded Butterfly or V. No H
3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc) - Silicone or O-ring (I’ll buy silicone rings to replace them if possible)
4. Do you like to mod/maintain it? - No.
5. What weight is ideal to you? 65ish. Nothing to light. The average is ok
6. Does color matter? - No.
7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do? Fast? Technical? Smooth? Slacks?) - Smooth
8. What is your price range? Near 40
9. What is your skill level? Advanced

The X-Convict is heavier (67g) than the 65g that you want but it is in your price range and has a nice wide shape. It can also be siliconed.

Yeah I was looking at the Xconvict and the Atmosphere, but the Xconvict comes with standard O-Ring I think? And the Atmosphere is a bit small. I don’t know much about the speeder too.

I guess there is some nice YYF that would fit in tho.

Get a Protostar. It’s the best plastic yoyo on the market, it’s $35 dollars, and it fits all your preferences.

I’m not sure about what I’m saying, but isnt the Protostar using friction stickers and H shaped?
Also I don’t know much about Center Trac bearings, the only thing I have used up to now are the YYJ Large ones.

No, Protostar’s use K-Pads, which makes the yoyo completely unresponsive. They are my favorite response system. Center Trac bearings are very good and they spin long, and they keep the string centered in middle of the bearing, so it won’t be hitting the sides of the yoyo. When the string hits the side of the yoyo, it causes no vibe. It may cause a little vibe when new, but once you keep playing with the yoyo, the string hitting the side of the yoyo will be one of your least concerns, and will cause no vibe. Hope this helped you for making the right choices. The Protostar is a very good yoyo with snappy response and is long spinning. Just in case you care about sleep time (which I don’t) my record from when I unboxed it was 3:11. Also make sure you align the arrows on the yoyo (if you get one) to cause no vibe. Sometimes you may have to force it though.

1 Like

Ok, but it still have a slight H shape like the Velocity tho, and that’s why I want to replace mine lol. That and the dialable star. I think I’ll give a chance to the Xconvict, with red shims and silicone rings added.

Hay bud i would go with the Xconvict