Other companies

so i am not expecting to get a yoyo for at least a few more months but i still bought a recrev “i” and i had the realization that every yoyo i have before that was a yoyofactory. save Xcon and Speeder, which i gave away to friends.

but i want to know some good yoyos that fit my preferences for future reference but one catch: can’t be yyj or yyf (no disrespect). i want to expand my list of companies but i need to know where to start. i have read a few revues about other companies and stuff but they only go so far. here is my list of preferences:

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
    i prefer on the small side, but not too small. i also may want to try a very pocket yoyo like campfire

2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
    i enjoyed pointy shape and H shape, the flat rims are ok, and round butterfly is fine as long as it isn’t to wide or else it feels too slow.

3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
    i <3 sili. i dont want hybrid and starburst. i haven’t tried a pad response before.

4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
    not too much but i might want to have the ability to apply flowable.

5. What weight is ideal to you?
    anything well distributed. i don’t want drag, but i like it heavy. and too light makes it feel like it is about to spin out.

6. Does color matter?
    not to much but it is always a plus for a nice splash or acid wash

7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do? Fast? Technical? Smooth? Slacks?)
    fast techy stuff mostly with few slacks or wips. mostly smooth too

8. What is your price range?

cheeper better, but i can go up to $120
9. What is your skill level?
entering master

Based on your preferences… I would reccomend any of the “Caribou Lodge Yoyo Works” yoyos. Check them out here on our site and pick out the one you like best! I would specifically reccomend the Wooly Marmot by CLYW though because it fits everything you named off on the list… plus it even has flowable silicone like you said you liked!

Hope this helped and Good luck picking out your new yoyo!

I would choose a TT by big brother yoyos. It’s medium sized. Or you could look into the wedgie by the same company. WM would be good as stated before. If you’re willing to look on the BST you could get a 5*v2.

A Wooly Marmot or a Wedgie.

Wolly Marmot, Campfire, Skyline, and SuperStar would all be great. The SuperStar is big, but it has almost every other feature you want, you wouldn’t regret it.

Wooly Marmot is what you want.

I need to learn to read.

This I don’t get. CLYW makes many different yoyos in different shapes, sizes and weights. I’m pretty sure ONE of them fits his preference.

I think a Punch Line will do well.

Nice Paolo.
what people have said reminded me of the first two metal yoyo’s i have ever thrown. The wooly Marmot and the 5* v2. both my friends and both i loved. and i met Ernie and he would have sold me a 5star but he didn’t have any on him at the time. nice guy. i may get a hatrick if they make a new line.

so i am looking into generalyo and CLYW as i always do. BB usually are somewhat large but the i know the TT is smaller than most BB and also i have been looking at the train wreck. that fits my preferences very well. what else is there. any new and low key companies out there?

(so WM, 5*, TW, and TT are some i am looking at, so people can stop saying those.)