Ok so my birthday is coming up in June and ill probably be asking for some new yo-yos and string, etc. Right now i have a YYJ Kickside and a YYJ Legacy. I am very happy with my Legacy and will continue to throw with it but i would like another yo-yo. I have looked at he Dark Magic and i really like it but i think i want something with hub stacks. Any suggestions?
Fill this out so we can find the perfect yoyo for you. That amount of info isn’t enough.
- What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
- What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
- What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
- Do you like to mod/maintain it?
- What weight is ideal to you?
- Does color matter?
- How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
- What is your price range?
- What is your skill level?
And a side note: hubstacks get boring after 10 minutes, ask pretty much anyone.
- Size really doesn’t matter but if i had to choose : Medium
- Round Butterfly, or H-shape.
- Flush Silicone or Hybrid
- No modding for me
- Somewhere between 60-75 grams
- I don’t care about color
- I like to do whipping tricks, grinds, and string tricks.
- Ehh up to $60 i guess
- I am in the advanced part 2 section on this website if it helps?
I would just get a grind machine, it has that H shape and it has hubs, but if your looking for a metal go for the dingo very affordable and one drop is a good producer
Definitely the YYF ProtoStar. It’s so good! Perfect for your level, price range, it really is an advanced yoyo. It’s better than most of my metals. Plus it cost half what you set you budget limit at. Milkman, the Grind Machine is good, but IMO it’s way better. I own both of them. The dingo is not only way to small for his preferences, but has the wrong shape he’s looking for also. Here’s a review I did on the ProtoStar, and I am sure you could find many others on it.
And you can buy it here.
I dont have much knowledge on the subject but isn’t the protostar similar to the legacy?