Any suggestions for my next yoyo??

I’m currently running a dif-e-yo widesport, love it, but i’m looking at buying another one. I’m sticking with strictly string tricks right now (no loping, off string, etc.). Any suggestions would be fantastic. Oh the price range can be from $40 to $100, max $125.

Answer these questions:

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level

We can answer then. :wink:

i think i’d like to try a smaller size, the wide sport seems a little big, hard to land in-between strings (probably will fix itself with practice…).
Round butterfly for the shape.
I like the response system i have right now (i think its pads), i’d be willing to try others though.
The most modding i do is cleaning the bearing. If that even counts. :stuck_out_tongue:
For colour i prefer designs that are understated/ subtle, i dont like designs that are cheesy or “gaudy” if that makes sense.
Generally i"ve been doing tricks like kwijibo, cold fusion, matrix, wormhole, boing-e-boing, etc. I’m still working on basic suicides and slacks, my whips are more successful though.
My price range is anywhere from $40 to $80, $100 max (i know this is different than above, mostly due to rethinking what i’m willing to spend).
According to the trick levels in this site, i’m an advanced part 1 (working on finishing a couple from this category).

If you need any other info, just let me know. Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

any fundametal and for you since you like round shape a dv888 or maybe you may want to try a m1 by one drop any is good for you

Try YoYoFactory’s new fundaMETAL Yo-Yos.

They have the Dv888, Frantic, and Hectic. About $65. There should be about 10 more this year.

There is also the YoYoJam Axiom. Small, wide, and a good player. About $75.

And, an M1 pad response. About $70. As good as a $100, without the price. Great selection of colors, too.

Those Yo-Yos listed above are very good choices, and are a great selection.

I would reccommend an M1. It has the play, without the price.

Hope you like what you take! :wink:

Awesome, thanks for all the help. I’ll take a look at those suggestions. The M1 is looking promising. ;D

If anyone else has anything to suggest, please do so, i like to hear peoples opinion. :slight_smile:

Very good choice!

It is a metal Yo-Yo. As most are, just saying.

I would reccommend you buy it from YoYoGuy.Com.

I like his selections. ;D

Alright, will do. Thanks again for the help. :slight_smile:

You also talked about offstring. If you bought the M1 or any fundaMetal, you would still have enough money for any of these. These are just a few offstring choices.

1. YoyoJam Aquarius:

This is definitely my recommendation for offstring beginners. It has good weight so it won’t snag at the end of the string. It also has a nice size, big, but not so big that it will not fit in your hand. The rubber rims make it easier to learn inside so it will not damage things as easily and won’t make as much noise when it hits the ground if you don’t have much outdoor space to yo-yo. However, the rubber rims make it very grippy so when it hits the ground it shoots off somewhere else, making it impossible to miss it and catch it after one bounce. The Aquarius is priced at $22.50 on Yoyoexpert.

1. Duncan Hayabusa:

Another great beginner offstring yo-yo. It is a bit lighter than the Aquarius however it will not snag at the end of the string. I feel that it is a little small for beginners, although still bigger than most yo-yos. It has harder plastic rims, so I don’t recommend this yo-yo for indoor use as a beginner as it will damage floor and ceiling easily and make a very loud noise when it bounces. The hard plastic rims, however will make it bounce right up if it hits the ground so you can keep going after you miss and even incorporate this into your tricks. The Hayabusa is priced at $21.99 on Yoyoexpert.

1. YoyoJam Big Yo:

This is my top choice for offstring right now, but I don’t think it’s good for beginners. It is the same weight as the Aquarius, but it is much bigger so the weight is more spread out. This causes the string to snag and the yo-yo will not come off at the end of the string. If you are more advanced and have a strong throw this should not happen. You also have to get used to the Big Yo a little bit. The hard plastic enables it to bounce straight up when it hits the ground, but, as I said earlier, will be loud. It will not damage ceiling or floor as easily as the Hayabusa though because the weight is more spread out. I also like the Big Yo because its gap is big enough to also play 1a with it. The Big Yo is priced at $22.50 on Yoyoexpert.

1. YoyoJam Dark Magic:

I like this yo-yo a lot for offstring, but it is for very advanced offstring players. It is not meant for 4a. It is much heavier than any of the others mentioned, and much smaller. It will very easily come off the string but it is too small for beginners to catch sometimes. The metal rims make it unable to bounce back up and will damage things VERY easily, so don’t use it inside unless you’re very experienced and on carpet. It’s gap is also bigger, so it is difficult to bind it back. Make sure you have the gap tightened all the way, but even then it is still difficult. The Dark Magic is priced at $40.80 on Yoyoexpert.

Hope this helped!

-Mongoriller

Good response, but he was looking for A Yo-Yo.

You can save money buying one, and getting another Yo-Yo when you need it.

Oh NO! I thought he wrote “I’m restricted to string tricks right now”! That response took me half an hour for nothing!

Although I probably won’t be looking at offstring yet, it’s my next play style of choice, so i hope to begin learning it after i feel comfortable with 1A (string tricks). Thanks for the help though! I’ll look into those when i begin off string.

It wasn’t a wate of a post btw. I’m interested in 4A, just not playing that style yet. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I also copied and pasted it so I can bring it back when I need to!

Dude, it’s okay. No worries.

It’s always good to have major posts like yours. Helps out members explaining it.

That’s what you want to see.

Good job! :wink: