Which yoyo? (This is a very long one)

2 THINGS, YOU CAN HUBSTACK A DV888 AND ALSO, HUBSTACKS ARE SORT OF A WASTE. THEIR FUN FOR 10 MINUTES, THEN THEIR A WASTE OF SPACE…SORRY I ACCIDENTALLY HAVE CAPS LOCK ON SO IM NOT TRYING TO YELL

No you can’t. Catching a yoyo by its hubstacks = challenging and cool looking. Catching a yoyo by its matador spikes = Band-Aids.
If for some reason you don’t have nerves in your fingers, you can try to do pull starts by holding on to the spikes, but if you’re not holding it in such a way that the spikes are exactly perpendicular to the skin on your fingers/thumbs, it spins out of your hand.

Not true! I love hubstacks and I’ve had 'em for way more than 10 minutes. They’re not for everyone, but you won’t know where you stand until you try them.

Hubstacks are fun! :stuck_out_tongue: Looks fun, at least? Hehe…
Wait. I’m still getting nowhere. Anyone comment about a Werrd TFL? Or…?

Sky chaser, sky chaser, SKY CHASER!

Man I love that yoyo! It is really nice. I think the weight is perfect, size,well its an average metal, and the shape is nice. The matador spikes are good because I got a rather nice pull start while I was practicing with them. Oh, and it grinds like nobody’s business!

Again and again, this forum is full of preferences. It probably revolves around preferences more so than any forum… ever.

How small or big is the sky chaser? If compared to a DM?

Well, I haven’t seen either yoyo in a while. but from what I remember, It is a bit smaller than a DM but I think its just as wide (the widest a DM can go normally)

Here are some pics from http://www.yoyoguy.com/
http://www.yoyoguy.com/circle/index.cgi?one=50&two=56&name1=2009%20WYYC%20Special%20Edition%20Skyy%20Chaser%20by%20SPYY&name2=Dark%20Magic%20by%20YoyoJam&rnd=8382
http://www.yoyoguy.com/circle/side.cgi?name1=2009%20WYYC%20Special%20Edition%20Skyy%20Chaser%20by%20SPYY&name2=Dark%20Magic%20by%20YoyoJam&dia=50&width=40&dia2=56&width2=41&rnd=5886&shape1=Concave&shape2=Concave%20Adjustable%20Gap

Note: it says “2009 WYYC Special Edition”. Ignore that, its just specially engraved for the Worlds edition.

Okay… So… Skyy Chaser has a fixed gap huh. I might want to try it first. =
Not too sure now. >_<

ya dude, you should really pickup the SKYY chaser, it’s such a good yoyo, but i think you should really take a look at this first.

Step 1: Finding the the right company
Something that I’m always trying to do, is look for a new company to try.
Right know I’m wanting to try somethings from the YYF metals, and some CLYW stuff.
One thing that I’ve found is that metals from different company’s play more different than metals from the same company (superstar and 888x will play more similar than superstar and addiction) and that’s why it’s so important to find the company you like best, so try as many different company’s as you can!

Step 2: Finding your preferences
If you’ve ever written a i “witch yo-yo thread”, you’ve probably seen some asking about your preferences. What they mean is simply what do you like in a yo-yo. One good way to find your preferences is to take from a yo-yo you already have, what you like and don’t like. For instance, i love the way my Dv888 plays, but i don’t like the shape, i thought that i might like a more rounded shape so i did some searching and found the hatrick. The hatricks shape is totally round, and i thought, “well, I’m looking to try a rounder yo-yo”, so i purchased a hatrick, and come to find out, i love the round shape and know that’s one of my preferences. So know when I’m trying to decide between two familiar shapes, i always go for the more rounded one. But i always make sure to try shapes that I’ve never tried before to find my favorite shape for certain. But shape isn’t the only preference, theirs so many different ones, like, size, feel, play, color, types of tricks, and many more, so make sure to try everything so you can find what works best for you.

Step 3: Deciding what you want the yo-yo to be for
When ever I’m looking for a new yo-yo i have to decide what I’m using the yo-yo for. (competition, for fun, new main throw, etc) for instance for fun I’m going to get a BIG DEAL, but for my new main throw I’m gonna pickup an 888x. But above all, have FUN!! trying to decide for your new throw should be fun, and remember, you’ll like what ever you get.

Johnny.

The Protostar and PGM also have fixed gaps. Adjustable gaps are good for learning how to bind, but they don’t let you open the gap to the full width of the bearing without using spacers. A wider bearing allows for a wider variety of tricks.

Fixed gap doesn’t mean fixed response. Most fixed gap yoyos have pad or sticker response systems. There’s a huge selection of pads and stickers you can get, each with different levels of response. Also, just like with adjustable gap yoyos, you can make them more responsive by using more lube.

Protostar just got kicked out of the list. I think, beacause it is a bit too wide for my tastes. D:

Agreed they are a waste. especially on PGM it makes it feel awkward. Metal with hubs isn’t too bad get some nubs though for when you do do feel like not using hubstacks for a little bit.

Okay. BUMP! Should I get a Pyro instead? :smiley: HSPIN YO!

888 sounds good for you(i think)

It’s out of my budget. How about a YYF G5 instead?

I just got a G5 recently, and it plays wicked smooth. A little tight on response, but I have liked mine so far.

Also don’t be affraid to take advantage of the BUY SELL TRADE. got my g5 for 50 bucks you may find an 888 in your price range.

I’m from Msia and I have no credit card. So… Yeah… Shipping will be another question. :frowning: