Which way do you fix string tension? (poll)

I am curious which way you guys fix your string tension the most. I recently switched from the trapeze to the sidewinder and it got me wondering. I think I have all the options included? Which way do you?

• Sidewinder
  • Side Trapeze
  • Front Side
  • Spin Yoyo From Bottom
  • Take String Off Finger and “Massage”
  • DNA
  • Other
0 voters
3 Likes

sidewinder after a bind

1 Like

ZERBER! or if I’m frustrated and mess up, spinning it at bottom or bindwinder

I do a sideways snap start and let it spin out. While learning the DNA, this was the quickest way to get all that tension out and it just kinda stuck with me.

1 Like

Sometimes you just got to massage that string.

7 Likes

I just go into an under mount and pull the string. I’ve been working on doing more organically mid trick though so sidewinder it is.

3 Likes

I know I’m in the minority as a string massager but i think we can all agree that whoever untensions WITH a DNA is guilty of war crimes

6 Likes

I only massage my string often after trying the dna a few times. It’s the least I can do really.

2 Likes

:joy: haha I wasn’t gonna add it but I’ve read of people saying they do it before.

1 Like

Sidewinder for responsive

Trapeze for unresponsive

2 Likes

So many ways. I most often do a sidewinder. I also will just swing the string around. If the yoyo is dead, I will spin the yoyo in the air. I really enjoy finger spins, So sometimes i play around with dna adjusting the tension.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to do this more too which is why I like zerber or I’ll just do like loops and I get to keep it spinning :crazy_face:

Most often just a sidewinder, but recently I do catch myself doing the DNA’s more often :rofl:

I usually teach newer players the take off the finger method though since it is the most effective until you really get the hang of maintaining your tension! :slight_smile:

2 Likes