Which string to buy???

I just picked up a tester asst of Happy Mountain Strings. Ill report back as to what I find. They seem a new kid on the block, but ill give em a shot. :slight_smile:

I heard happy mountain has some very good string, let us know what you think about it, im in need of some string so I might pick up some from them

10-4-roger that-copy-over!-pssssht

I know that feel :frowning:

I’ve tried them, IMO they are softer than kitty and they hold tension well. I’ve been meaning to order some more.

1 Like

I would recommend Blueprint, but good luck finding it. :frowning:

Thanks for the good words! We look forward to your support :slight_smile:

I got mine in today, and spent some time with each flavor. Yeti Fur, Pink Lemonade, and Yellow Snow. Im going to write up a full review in the review section in the next day or two at most (I want to see what kind of taste they still have when the break in properly) but first impressions so far rather are favorable.
Ive got 10 or so different types/brands/kinds of strings that I have ranked to my personal liking/preference. I can easily see these in the top half of that spectrum, but I want to reserve final judgement until i get some more time with them.

One question to Dan. I saw in the pink lemonade flavor, there is some really hot pink strands in there. I would be interested in seeing if if would be possible to make a solid eye blistering pink? just a thought. :slight_smile:

EPIC STRINGSSSSS EEEEPICCCCCCCCC STRINGSSSSSSSSSS

Logan’s newer strings are really nice.

HAHAHAH dust you may have guessed the next colorway :wink:

1 year ago I used Epic Strings: Whippy & Magic Thread

They are to die for

Markmont dragon strings…feel like physical magic… ;D

If you make it, I will buy it. At first in small, but if its a real killer, ill buy alot more. Ive put alot of hours of my Yellow Snow and they are really great. I stand by my review. I would like to see just a few more strands of yellow in there, but thats a mild thing. as for yoyo string, white is my least favorite color.

Anyway, I am a fan of Happy Mountain.

Not a fan at all of Dragon strings. I get their purpose, but their purpose is not suited to me.

I used to love BG1s but lately I find them too thick.

From “cheap and available in bulk,” I still enjoy normal Kitty. I also really enjoyed my batch of sOMEThING type-2. But my favourites have been by Unknown Yoyo Strings, made by our own modman10.

Perfect thickness, perfect tension, perfect feel on the hand. I can’t think of any bad things to say about them. I don’t know if he still makes them, though-- last time I checked, he was getting worn out on string-making and that was a year ago. :wink:

YoYoStringLab Type X strings have always been my favorite. I still like my BG1s and GreatWhites for when I want a thicker string, but Type X is a great quality all around string.

Has anyone tried nylon string before (Like the nylon Kitty string)? I twisted my own the other night, noticed it has a somewhat “soapy” feel to it, very slick and pretty whippy. Not sure if the “professional” string plays the same.

I got one to try from a friend here and I would describe it the same way you did.
Slick and whippy. It really lasts a while in my experience. I don’t know what brand it is, but its 100% nylon.

Oddly enough, I cant stand Type X. i bought some on good review of others and found its feel to be totally wrong for me. I put it on par with the orange yomega strings, which are my least favorite of all. I give them away to friends for them to try in hopes they like it. Just not for me. For “all around” i would say “High End” String. I would say that Venom would be the most similar while being alot better imho than the type x, but im still not a big fan. Too friction-ee. Ill burn myself muuuch faster with either Type X or Venom than i would with High End, Happy Mountain, or my all time personal favorite BG1’s from Toxic.

I really like type x except I wish it were a little thicker. So I just use fat kitty’s. love fat kitty’s. Long, soft enough, rough enough, whippy enough, bouncy enough. Just perfectly in the middle.

They made a slightly thicker Type X. It’s called “Ammo”. :wink: