Which one of these is less responsive?

1 Like

black

Edit I googled the hardnesses also btw like I didn’t just guess

3 Likes

First time I’ve ever done it. Palm=fist attempt. fingertips=2nd.

I may do it again once it cures.

2 Likes

Nice! Yeah just let it cure at this point and if it’s not grippy enough, you can just do another layer on top with less of a recess.

1 Like

I had the tip straight cut. I’m going to try and put a 45 on it for better application

1 Like

Nice yeah it is and you’ll get better w practice. I use a baby food syringe bc it’s easier for me and helps not waste any but some ppl are good enough at it they go just straight out the tube so w/e works. I also think it’s easier to use the corner of a card like a credit card or something like that or guitar pick to get the recess vs fingers but whatever works is good too.

1 Like

I just blob some over and use a card to get it in and even

2 Likes

I tested it. It’s nice and unresponsive. But the binds snap almost too good. I’ll update with pictures tomorrow. Then I’m going to do a better recess to try and fix the bind “issue”. Just too tight for me. This little confusion is awesome

1 Like

The black it making my string very dark/dirty

1 Like

Did you use water like in the Dylan kowalski video? Also did you wait the full cure time? Also it takes a second to smooth out the fresh sili so if it’s more responsive then you thought make sure to play it for a while. I had that happen when I used water like Dylan kowalski said in his silicone tutorial but haven’t since then. The dirty string thing

1 Like

I used water on the first half but didn’t like the texture it left behind. I waited about 20 hours. Gonna redue it with black again before I try the clear. It works great just getting on the string. I’ll update latter

1 Like

You can see how yellow the string is at the finger loop

2 Likes

Yeah don’t use water that happened to me when I used water also

Cleaned for round two

1 Like

Eyo bubble gum response?

It was just there lmao. I bet you could in a pinch and your yoyo will smell nice too