Which is better?

Which company is better? Yoyojam or Yoyofactory. A lot of people say yoyofactory. Why?

Preference.

For my preference, I’d say YoYoFactory.

I don’t really understand why people think that certain threads are less relevant than others, and like I said earlier I would really like to see people stop bossing others around.

Personally, I think this is a legitimate question. OP is right, there are a lot of people that seem to prefer YYF over YYJ. It’s true that most of this is preference, but WHY do you prefer YYF (or YYJ as the case may be)?

As a whole, I think YYF has a healthy offering of different kinds of yo-yos. When compared to some YYJs I have own (not all of them mind you), YYF seems to have an overall better quality in terms of material and workmanship. Some YYJs feel cheaply made to me, even the ones that aren’t cheap!

If posts like this “annoy” you for some reason, instead of posting over and over again that it’s preference – just don’t post at all. If the OP had a preference, he/she probably would not have asked the question.

I tend to prefer YYF, because they have come out with quite a few yoyos that I really like (888, Tactic, Velocity, Loop720, etc.). I agree with JM that some of YYJ’s yoyos have a cheap feel to them, but some YYF’s also have that same feel to them for me. The PGM and the Speed Dial, specifically. I also really really like the YYJ Axiom.

I guess it’s not so much that I like YYF over YYJ, but that I trust YYF more, for the sole reason that most of the yoyos I’ve gotten from them are nice quality yoyos. YYJ also puts out quality yoyos, but the majority of the ones that I’ve tried just don’t have that solid quality feel, for me. And that is where the preference thing comes into play.

To be completely honest, I don’t prefer one company or another, I know what type of specifications I enjoy in yoyos and I buy accordingly. I will admit though, I have 12 yoyos, of which 4 are NOT YYF yoyos, why is that? Maybe I am a sheep to the bandwagon, maybe I cannot get beyond how solid a lot of their yoyos feel, maybe it is just coincidence. Who knows, it is really just how everything happened. Anyhow, look at what features you would like in a yoyo and buy towards your pluses. Don’t let people tell you that hubstacks are over-rated if you like them. Just buy what you like and you will never regret a purchase.

That is just my personal 2 cents… ymmv

I feel the same way. I think YYJ as a company is up there with any other company. Their customer service is top notch and so is YYF’s. But so is Duncan’s or General yo or Big Brother and so on.

Trust me when I say most people prefer YYF’s yoyo or YYJ’s yoyos but that’s not what the OP asked.

He asked which COMPANY is better. Not who’s yoyo’s are better.

You get em JM.

I prefer YoYoJam. Why? Well, first off YoYoFactory has become obsessed with 5.0mm gaps. I don’t need that and I don’t want that. YoYoFactory is exactly that. A factory that makes yo-yos. Sure I have a Superstar. I love it. But once you own one YYF you essentially own all YYF yo-yos. They all feel extremely similar.

YoYoJam makes great yo-yos. The only thing I would change is the axle they use. I’m not a fan of how long they are nor do I like their adjustable gap. Luckily both of those problems are easily fixed with a set screw from the hardware store. 6x32 also isn’t the greatest threading. 8x32 and M4 are superior.

I HATE YoYoFactory gaps. They are the most ridiculous thing ever. Like, seriously? Who needs a gap OVER 5mm? Hell, who needs a gap over 4mm?
SPYY FTW. I need a Punchline.

YoYofactory ruins a lot of great yoyos with those colossal gaps.