Which company do you prefer, Onedrop or YYR

You English are completely lost if the country is not part of the commonwealth.
OneDrop is in Baja-Vancouver.

1 Like

Fliiiiip! The English guy is getting royally roasted! Pass the mint-sauce lads!

Actually Matt, I get pretty lost even if a country IS in the commonwealth as well, haha. Even my knowledge of British geography is pretty appauling. ;D

Umm I dont speak Japanese.

Konnchiwa.

But have I seen one drop at forums or yoyo places? Yes.

Have I seen yyr? No.

To me one drop is of course.

Its yyr responsibly to have represents in USA or other yoyo places as well.

Like strum panzer which is even rarer then yyr in English community but recently they appointed few people in USA to promote themselves.

That means yyr is not a community company because I dont see their efforts.

If you’ve not seen YYR at forum or yoyo places, it’s because you don’t look much for it. Of course they won’t have as much impact as OD, if you look only at places where OD is evidently more evidently (doesn’t it sound logical to find more presence of an American company in pkaces where most players are American?) But even here, there is a whole 272-page topic dealing almost exclusively with YYR. I can assure you that in Asia YYR is way more popular than OD.

Is it YYR responsibility to have presence in the US? Maybe
Is it in their interest? not so much, not only is it hard because of the language, but people promote their products in a very effective way by themselves

I agree that they may not be as community oriented as One Drop, but a lot of people, me included, just don’t care. Their reputation has been forged through

1. Their team, YYR players are insanely performant and that’s a big part of their success
  2. The quality of their throws, they’re top notch and their throws have been considered among the most performant yoyos for a looong time, take the Sleipnir for instance, it was made in 2008 and is still today one of the best yoyo ever made. I only see YYF’s Genesis that may be close to this
  3. Exclusivity, back when I started, it was hard as heck to manage to get one of their yoyos, especially between 2010 and 2012. It took me 8 months to get a Sleipnir, and before they decided to make a massive reduction on their throws, even a Messiah could easily sell for 150 bucks.

I’m just saying those two companies have very different marketing approaches. If you are more sensitive to One Drop’s warmth, that’s perfectly fine, but you can’t just expect the same kind of proximity from an Asian company, even if some try to.

Well, I have to admit that it surprised me to see these two being compared. But, when I thought about it, I had to admit that I’ve purchased about 65 One Drops, and only about 5 YoyoRecreation. That’s just a fact, and if I had to list the reasons why, they would be:

1. Prices
  2. Availability
  3. Communication (I don’t speak or write Japanese)
  4. Colorways

I think most consumers appreciate a good deal, easy access to what they want to buy, and timely responses to questions about potential buys. I never thought about why I only own 5 YYR. But, now that I’m forced to think about it, there are reasons I don’t own more of them. I’m hoping to buy more YYR in the future. I think more YYR YYE editions would help things along. ;D One Drop is already doing a fine job churning them out.