Favorite yoyo brands and why?

i wanted to know which yoyo company you guys like better and why! i like yyf or onedrop!? it seems like yyf makes good yoyos for alot cheaper than onedrop but the onedrop bearing is alot smoother… also how is the center trac x bearing?

Personally, I tend to favor One Drop yoyos, they tend to have a “feel” to them that I like a lot. But really, it’s all about preference; both companies make great, high performance yoyos at reasonable prices.

There has been a lot of subjective questions lately, too many if you ask me.

There’s no such thing as the best company, however each person may have a favorite company. For instance, my favorite company is General-Yo, but in no way am I implying that they’re the best.

It’s subjective.

2 Likes

I’m one of those who likes various brands. YYF, CLYW, One Drop, Yoyofficer, and even smaller companies like Axis and Eternal Throw.

Love MonkeyfingeR because they consistently put out quality products. They also add a personal touch to each and every yoyo because they hand-silicone the response on each yoyo, they hand make the string, and they also hand anodize each one. Plus, them and their team are super nice and awesome people :smiley: And not to mention how they are all about customization!

I really like Turning Point. Yes, they’re expensive, but their performance is undeniably amazing. There is little variation in the shapes of the yoyos, but I think that’s because Kentaro has found his ideal profile and continues to maximize its potential with each release.

Seriously, I’ve had some pretty mediocre experiences with YYF. Their quality control isn’t absolutely outstanding either. It’s good, I’ve just seen small things on almost every one of my YYF throws.

My favorite brand has to be Clyw, closely followed by OD. Both continue to blow me away with every new design, they’re just both very good companies. They both have distinct personalities as well, which is pretty cool.

Since I started yoyoing again I have yet to get a disappointing yoyo. They are all good. My favorites are, in no order, YYR, C3, One Drop, YYF, YYO, YYEmpire, TMBR, CLYW, AXIS, Sturm Panzer, YYJ.

I love all the brands and have had only good experiences with all of them, including YYF.

I do have a soft spot for OD and Spin Dynamics because of the owners and teams, whom I have shared more than a few conversations with. I have supported Axis since before they were Axis and YYO since they were still trying to get up and running in the North American market. MFD and SPYY were among my “first loves” as well… SPYY in particular was a company that I was quasi-collecting for a while, though I eventually reduced down to 3 of their yoyos [edit: forgot-- added an Amplifier, bringing me up to 4 which includes also the El Ranchero, RSL, and Punch Line]. CLYW continues to amaze. C3 as well. General-Yo Prestige was a go-to for a long while.

Any brands I didn’t mention aren’t any less significant to me. I love all of them. I do NOT tend to have a lot of Japanese metal, though… the models I’ve tried didn’t seem to have a “character” that I preferred. I chose the C3 Krown (although the Krown clearly has a Japanese pedigree) over the TP Isotope 2 (and others), for example. Would like to try some YoyoMonster some day but I have not yet had the chance. But you know what? It’s been a while. I suspect I would LOVE a Fragment/Uragment, and I know I would enjoy a Sleipnir. While the Iso2 didn’t do it for me, I rather enjoyed the Shake. So those brands still have models I would like to own, I just haven’t seemed to have gotten around to it.

I have a variety of favorites.

They guy just wants to know which companys we like best, of course it’s subjective and that’s fine. It doesn’t mean it’s useless.

thats because i changed the topic he helped me realize that it was a bad question so i changed it!!

I can easily name a few companies I don’t like, but there are too many good companies out there. To name a few, Yomega, Yoyojam, Onedrop, CLYW, c3yoyodesign, Yoyorecreation, Yoyofactory, etc

Like GregP, I tend to think of Spin Dynamics, Amplified Return Tops and OneDrop as favorites. Spin Dynamics because I’ve gotten to know the owners and some of the team, and, because they are a small, local company who has been using local companies to machine their yoyos. ART is designed and manufactured in the USA, and LaMonte (owner) is a heck of a nice guy, it is hard to believe the Shout is his first design. One Drop because they are also an American company that is innovating and supporting the yoyo community. That said, the majority of my collection is YoYo Factory (great value), and I do have a C3 (which was a tremendous value).

I can’t say there is a yoyo company I don’t like, just like I can’t say I’ve found a yoyo that I disliked. Often, a yoyo needs to grow on me a bit, but, even ones that don’t match my style of play or preference, I don’t dislike.

1 Like

I love OneDrop, the guys there are just incredible in what they do and the products they put out (both under their own brand and other brands they manufacture for).

I will always have a soft spot for YoYoFactory as I’ve seen them grow from the very beginning into the powerhouse they are now and they put out products that appeal to both the greenest beginner and World/National Champions.

SPYY, CLYW, Tom Kuhn, Werrd, TMBR, Recess, Anti-Yo, Hildy, Save Deth, Unknown, 44Rpm, YYF, Duncan… (and YYE, too lol)

In general, I like yoyo brands because of the PEOPLE. I tend to respect people who care about making a nice product, it’s true, but the friendships I’ve made with folks from those brands are totally inseparable for me from the products themselves. Yoyoing is a really small community, and growing close to the people who have been part of those companies has been a big part of what’s kept me active over the years. I love a well-made yoyo as much as anybody, but the people end up mattering more. That’s what I tend to think of as I pick a yoyo to go in my pocket in the morning.

MonkeyfingeR, YoYo Workshop, and One Drop. Those three have me covered for everything that I need or want. All have excellent designs and anodization (and for the days I am feeling really crazy, MonkeyfingeR can do amazing custom anodization work).